• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Blunder in physics practical

Reaction score
Guys, I appeared for physics 33 a couple of weeks ago. The paper was extremely approachable but out of the blue, I made a very, very stupid mistake. I took the time for 10 oscillations and likewise took 10 readings; however, I don't know why but I forgot to divide the time taken for 10 oscillation by 10. As a result, my y-axis values, gradient and y-intercept are all up by a factor of 10. Had I corrected my readings, my gradient and y-intercept would've been in the range of values expected. How many marks I might lose for the error I made? I am already losing 1 mark in the second question, and 2 marks in graph plotting. How much more? Anyone?

Reaction score
dnt worry you will get the error carried forward marks inshAllah!!
i also made a mistake..........i converted cm to metres :( and got all wrong values of gradient and y intercept

Reaction score
@junaidaftab yeah dee ll b definitely error carried forward so may b 1 or 2 max... ease ouT! :)
@angelgurl jst so u no ... it doesnt matter if u wr consistent in ur units den its more den fine... :)

Reaction score
chill dude!
dnt worry we are humans!!Mistakes are made by human beings!!!don worry you will get the error carried forward marks !!
chill out concentrate for the other exams!!!
i pray to god that u will get gud marks!!!
Goodllck!!