• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BOOKS!!!!Must read

Reaction score
Guys i really need to know which are the best books for chemistry physics economics......i'm considering the following:
International A A/s physics(the black endorsed book)
Advanced chemistry(peter cann and hughes)
Economics(bamford),the black one coz the new version is expensive....(i'll buy a second-hand version of the black book)
Is there any difference between the two editions of the book.

Reaction score
The new version of the Economics book is much better...i have it so I feel that it's much better.
The stats are a lot more updated in the new version nut basic syllabus is pretty much the same...and the content is smartly divided into AS and A-Levels.
It's a good book...but you'll still need notes and past paper practice for sure.
Good Luck.

Reaction score
here are the books for physics A/AS Level

i) Pacific Book
ii) Accessible Physics
iii) A Level Physics by Roger Muncaster
iv)International A/AS Level Physics by Chris Mee
v) Cambridge International AS Level and A Level Physics Coursebook (Cambridge International Examinations) David Sang
(or search for valuable notes( thread Physics AS uploaded by me)

for revision consult
i) calculation for physics
ii) AS& A Level Physics by Stephen pople
iii)International AS and A Level Physics Revision Guide ,Richard Woodside (Author)

I hope above stuff will be more helpful.

Reaction score
You should have the Cambridge Endorsed books for Physics, Chemistry and Economics (Bamford). Whether it's the new edition or the old one doesn't matter much. Just pick the one you are more comfortable with. For Economics, I'd recommend you get "Understanding Economics" by Mohammad Kamran Malik, which is solely written for AS Level. It covers the syllabus comprehensively and has past paper MCQs after every topic.
You may want to read this thread to know about which books to buy.