• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Studies AS Paper 1

Reaction score
Hey guys,
can we discuss the section b question 5 over here? Most of the peopleare confused what to have written in part a so kindly help us to clarify the doubts.Here is that question:

Q5.a) explain the difference between mcgregors theory x and theory y?
b) discuss the benefits of teamworking to production workers and manager?

Reaction score
I first explained the main difference. Theory X managers believe workers don't like to work until they're told to do so. Theory Y managers believe that workers on average like to work so that they feel productive and know that they are contributing to the society (sense of belonging etc etc). Then I talked about leadership styles. Theory X managers adopt autocratic style while Theory Y managers adopt a more democratic style. And in the end I concluded that not all workers work best under one particular theory and some may be more responsive to Theory X while some to Theory Y.
Hope it suffices!

Reaction score
I did the exact same thing! Oh God, I'm so relieved. Although I didnt give much explaination and just wrote 1.5 pages

Reaction score
bleedingwords123 , I think you have written a splendidly well on theory X & Y and provided sufficient relation to other topics like leadership style, however dont you think your conclusion should have included examples of workers on whom these theories could be impliedz???

Reaction score
So what was ur answe based on,

the discussion on the nature of cell phone market
pros and cons of mart research exp in relation to the cost to the other uses of this finance(oppportunity cost) like financing a loss leader, providing a me-too product, or investing in product development to get a first mover adv
concluding with how manufacturer could access the effectiveness depending upon the significance&situation of mart.
and wbu???

Reaction score
the discussion on the nature of cell phone market
pros and cons of mart research exp in relation to the cost to the other uses of this finance(oppportunity cost) like financing a loss leader, providing a me-too product, or investing in product development to get a first mover adv
concluding with how manufacturer could access the effectiveness depending upon the significance&situation of mart.
and wbu???

Hmm yah something related to that
And we had to mainly elaborate abt the cost effectiveness ryt?

Reaction score
You thought that one ryt :D

btw, shudnt we be discussing something productive abt P2???? how iz that going?????

Hmm im jst doin past papers they are actually productive and it makes me learn alot, and the objectives thibg i did that qstn the previous night