• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business studies - Could i get full marks for this answer?

Reaction score
Could i get full marks for this? I got it from here, and here's mark scheme.
3. (b) Labour costs are much lower in other countries. Many sports shoe manufacturers
produce in those countries. Consider the advantages and the disadvantages to KSS
of manufacturing its football boots in another country. Do you think KSS should move
manufacturing to another country? Justify your answer.
Advantages:
Cheaper because they are using cheaper labour so they can get more profits. They can get more sales because if they are making the shoes cheaper then they can sell them cheaper thus making more sales and their market share.

Disadvantages:
To import the good back into the country would cost money because of import duties. Also other import tarifs could limit the amount of shoes they are aloud to import in, thus the amount of sales they can make in this country are limited.

Conclusion:
I would sujest moving the protduction to another conrty because the import duties aren't that expensive and the import limit is quite high, so its not that limiting. And the cheap labour in the other country would be well worth it.

[12]​

Reaction score
Could i get full marks for this? I got it from here, and here's mark scheme.
3. (b) Labour costs are much lower in other countries. Many sports shoe manufacturers
produce in those countries. Consider the advantages and the disadvantages to KSS
of manufacturing its football boots in another country. Do you think KSS should move
manufacturing to another country? Justify your answer.
Advantages:
Cheaper because they are using cheaper labour so they can get more profits. They can get more sales because if they are making the shoes cheaper then they can sell them cheaper thus making more sales and their market share.

Disadvantages:
To import the good back into the country would cost money because of import duties. Also other import tarifs could limit the amount of shoes they are aloud to import in, thus the amount of sales they can make in this country are limited.

Conclusion:
I would sujest moving the protduction to another conrty because the import duties aren't that expensive and the import limit is quite high, so its not that limiting. And the cheap labour in the other country would be well worth it.

[12]​

Actually, i think the answer is great but i do think u will lose 2 marks for no application........otherwise i think u wud get full marks

Reaction score
No its not enough though your answer is good but you wouldn't get full marks -Write 2-3 advantages more,disadvantages and conclusion.!

Reaction score
see, after operating in another country, KSS will become an MNC....
so you have to include the advantages and disadvantages of being a MNC...
i'd give your answer no more than an eight!!

Reaction score
Actually, i think the answer is great but i do think u will lose 2 marks for no application........otherwise i think u wud get full marks

he won't lose out much on the application marks as he has mentioned 'shoes' out there....!

Reaction score
No its not enough though your answer is good but you wouldn't get full marks -Write 2-3 advantages more,disadvantages and conclusion.!

I thought that it was pretty conclusive as it was, could you give me an example of a conclusion?

Reaction score
see, after operating in another country, KSS will become an MNC....
so you have to include the advantages and disadvantages of being a MNC...
i'd give your answer no more than an eight!!

i thought that that's what i wrote, then what are the advantage and disadvantages if becoming an MNC?