• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

C2 Official thread

Reaction score
guys, i need help in jan12 9 i ......... plz qiuckly
For part a) let 3x-15 be A
Sin A = 1/2
so A = sin inverese 1/2
A = 30degerees

you know in the quadrants that a silver toy cars thing indicates that sin is positive in the top right and top left. Draw and angle there and the values for sin is 30 degereed 180-30 and thats all since the scale only specifies that much

Reaction score
So apparently the paper was leaked, and now edexcel has sent the centers a completely different paper. Wonder if the original one would have been nicer :/ why do people do this.

Reaction score
Somebody help, may 2011 Q.5 b) I've left this one out... and can't seem to figure it out :(
Somebody help, may 2011 Q.5 b) I've left this one out... and can't seem to figure it out :(

Radius of sector = Distance of O from A = 6 cm
Radius of circle = r
Distance of O from perpendicular of C from O = 6 − r
Distance of C from nearest point of sector = r
Perpendicular bisctor = (π/3)/2 = π/6
Using trigonometry
sin(π/6) = r/(6 − r)
1/2 = r/(6 − r)
2r = 6 − r
2r + r = 6
3r = 6
[ r = 2 cm ]

Hopet his helps :)

Reaction score
UGHHH. Anyone else ever been in the position where your pastpapers go GREAT and you think you'll ace the exam, and then make the STUPIDEST mistakes on the day?

Reaction score
UGHHH. Anyone else ever been in the position where your pastpapers go GREAT and you think you'll ace the exam, and then make the STUPIDEST mistakes on the day?

that what i did in garden question i used 2pi-0.64 instead of pi idk what got into me and stupid algebra mistakes i hate my life

Reaction score
that what i did in garden question i used 2pi-0.64 instead of pi idk what got into me and stupid algebra mistakes i hate my life
I GOT THE FRIKKIN TRAPEZIUM RULE WRONG! and guess what the worst part is? The trapezium rule is IN THE FORMULAE BOOKLET!

And the other stuff like g(y) and whatever, I still don't get where on earth you do the calculation in that? If suppose 2(3^3) + 4(3^2) - 18 = 0, and 2(3^3y) + 4(3^2y) - 18 also = 0, then HOW CAN y BE A DECIMAL THING? Please help me out here :/

Reaction score
I GOT THE FRIKKIN TRAPEZIUM RULE WRONG! and guess what the worst part is? The trapezium rule is IN THE FORMULAE BOOKLET!

And the other stuff like g(y) and whatever, I still don't get where on earth you do the calculation in that? If suppose 2(3^3) + 4(3^2) - 18 = 0, and 2(3^3y) + 4(3^2y) - 18 also = 0, then HOW CAN y BE A DECIMAL THING? Please help me out here :/
g( y ) *