• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

c3 trig

Reaction score
Cool! So... how's your prep now? :D

And wb C4?
studyd c4 yesterday and few days before.. so just gotta do past papers which ll do day after tomorow :)
prep is goin fine... m just worryd about the qs where were given an equatn in y and were supposed to find eq of tangent... i get em right but not all of em... :/ have some tips?

Reaction score
studyd c4 yesterday and few days before.. so just gotta do past papers which ll do day after tomorow :)
prep is goin fine... m just worryd about the qs where were given an equatn in y and were supposed to find eq of tangent... i get em right but not all of em... :/ have some tips?

Mhmm those qs are kinda long so my biggest tip would be to take it step by step. Be careful if they're asking for tangent or normal. Then you first have to find dy/dx to find 'm' of the tangent.
Once you get that look for a point (a,b). If it parametric eqns use your t to find both coords.

then set it out m = whatever and (a, b) = whatever.

then y-b = m(x-a) and sub! you're set! :)

Reaction score
2cos2x/(1 + sin2x)

If they ask you to diff ln|f(x)| then dy/dx = f '(x)/f(x) :)
Mhmm those qs are kinda long so my biggest tip would be to take it step by step. Be careful if they're asking for tangent or normal. Then you first have to find dy/dx to find 'm' of the tangent.
Once you get that look for a point (a,b). If it parametric eqns use your t to find both coords.

then set it out m = whatever and (a, b) = whatever.

then y-b = m(x-a) and sub! you're set! :)
tysmm!!!! :) :) :) :) btw june 13 q8 the last 2 parts... ? can you temme the method?