• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CA or Engineering ???

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
@pakiboy: That's the best option for you. Appear for sciences in O'levels and then you can continue with accounts in A'levels. You don't need the basic knowledge imparted for accounting at the Ordinary level as most of the students in A'levels are able to cover that up. The only commerce subject worth studying at O'levels is Economics. But even that can be studied at A'levels without much of a problem.
Summing it up; you don't really require to give accounts at O'levels. Just go with sciences and then change your subjects in A'levels.

I am in a similar situation right now... My A Levels will be starting soon and Im really confused about taking commerce subjects in A Levels as i had studied Science subjects in O Levels.. So at the moment entering into A Levels i dont know a thing related to commerce subjects. So do u really think that it wont be that hard and i'll be able to cover it all up and stand at the same level as other students (who studied commerce subjects in O Levels).
I could really need an opinion right now.. :(

Reaction score
Yes, with time you would be. Obviously, you'll have to work harder than those who studied at O'levels but if you are determined to do better then you can definitely cover it all and be better than those guys.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
@pakiboy: That's the best option for you. Appear for sciences in O'levels and then you can continue with accounts in A'levels. You don't need the basic knowledge imparted for accounting at the Ordinary level as most of the students in A'levels are able to cover that up. The only commerce subject worth studying at O'levels is Economics. But even that can be studied at A'levels without much of a problem.
Summing it up; you don't really require to give accounts at O'levels. Just go with sciences and then change your subjects in A'levels.

Brother u have just given me a great boost with this knowledge :D Now i dont have to take a bus and go to the coaching centre for studying the basics of commerce in o levels :) Thankyewwwwwwwwwwww.... :)

Reaction score
Hey guys in A'levels my subjects are Maths, Physics, Accounts and Economics. Can anyone please let me know what career options I have with these subjects?

Reaction score
Not hard feelings business students.
In my opinion, go for engineering, it does have a good scope in any country. It will take you too long to finish your CA and that too with so many complications. Besides if you just want to get into business you can get a degree in business administration even after finishing engineering.
You're giving O Levels right now, it doesn't really matter what subjects you choose to be honest if you're gonna give A Levels because universities only see the A Level results. If you get an A in business in A levels then they don't care what you had in O levels so don't waste your time giving extra subjects for O levels, just complete your count of like 8 subjects and that's it.

Reaction score
HEy guys I have taken Engineering in my O levels but I have heard that there is no scope for Engineer in Pakistan !! So i have decided to give the paper of Commerce 7100 ( O levels ) Can I change my field into Commerce in the future by giving this paper ???
Dear the supply is more and the demand is less. Moreover, Pakistani engineers are also paid less in the Mid-East as compared to others such as Indians, Srilankans, Egyptians etc. But their is scope for accountancy in Pakistan as well as in the Mid-East....So it is good that u have taken Commerce and it is better u go to Accounting side

Reaction score
Dear the supply is more and the demand is less. Moreover, Pakistani engineers are also paid less in the Mid-East as compared to others such as Indians, Srilankans, Egyptians etc. But their is scope for accountancy in Pakistan as well as in the Mid-East....So it is good that u have taken Commerce and it is better u go to Accounting side
I know that, and I also know that this is the reason it takes so much time to qualify as a CA. The post was before I had researched upon this field. :)
Thanks for replying.