• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CA or Engineering ???

Reaction score
HEy guys I have taken Engineering in my O levels but I have heard that there is no scope for Engineer in Pakistan !! So i have decided to give the paper of Commerce 7100 ( O levels ) Can I change my field into Commerce in the future by giving this paper ???

Reaction score
Dear

Only commerce paper is not enough for change of field. it is very introductory level course. you need economics, accounting and bussiness studies too. But first of all search extensively for engineering career in Pakistan. Scope is not very wide but still u can achieve your goals. Consult with your seniors prior to take most important decision of your life.

Wish u a best luck

Reaction score
adnanj said:
Dear

Only commerce paper is not enough for change of field. it is very introductory level course. you need economics, accounting and bussiness studies too. But first of all search extensively for engineering career in Pakistan. Scope is not very wide but still u can achieve your goals. Consult with your seniors prior to take most important decision of your life.

Wish u a best luck
Thank you for your helpful advice! I think Mechanical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering has bright future in Pakistan! Can you also tell me that if I give Commerce paper in O levels How will it help me in future! As i m planning to do A levels! Your advice was invaluable for me :)

Reaction score
First of all, if you have sciences in O'levels, you can still change your subjects to arts in A'levels. So it doesn't matter if you give commerce or not. But it will introduce you to the world of business dealings. But the main point is that you can change to whatever field you like later on, if you have sciences in O'levels.

Reaction score
Oh !! what if I give Accounts in A levels and Commerce in O levels will i be able to give CA ??

Reaction score
Yes. You definitely can. I have alot of friends who are doing that. But you need to keep accounts in A'levels for CA.

Reaction score
Sorry if i m distrubing you but what is the difference between CA and ACCA ?? is ACCA good ? ?

Reaction score
i think that CA is of Pakistan while ACCA has to do something with England. I think that you can change your field afterwards. My brother hadn't taken Economics, Business Studies, Commerce, Statistics in O' or A' Levels but he is doing his BSc in Economics........he just took an introductory course in his first semester. But I would recommend that you take some of these subjects in O' Levels.

Reaction score
YEah I m taking Commerce 7100, Stats 4040 and Accounts in O levels along with Chemistry,Physics,Computer Studies!

Reaction score
Im definately not related to the business side Engineering for me for sure.

Reaction score
I know but still im not a business type of dude even though i almost ace all my accounts tests

Reaction score
Yup dont you know the subject PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTS in O"Level. >>>>>>>>>>> :mrgreen: <<<<<<<<<<

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
but your in Engineering right ??

ABSOLUTELY IM ENGINEERING, but our school has this policy that you have to give the minimum 7 papers next session so i had a choice of English Literature and Accounts so i took ACCOUnts just got bored of reading those crappy novels filled with awful stories.

Anyway well for u it depends what you want to do and also if u would go outside for ur engineering if u wont then do the other one as its better here/

Reaction score
well i will decide that in A levels as i m too giving Accounts and Commerce + stats and in A levels i will also give accounts so this will leave me with a choice to opt for CA or Engineering !! :)