• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

calculating A level overall grades

Reaction score
Just wondering how they are calculated? Bit confused because of the grade thresholds. So in the syllabus it says for example a level business studies they take 50% as and 50% a2. So that means if my percentage uniform mark is 83% in AS and this year after scaling its 85..that would mean the overall grade is 84%. However what confuses me is in the grade threshold pdf...it has different sections for different grades on the second page. Now does that mean..if for example I take last years one. It said 144/200 was an A* so if I sat AS the year before and I got 83 raw marks and there was no scaling and it was given 83%. And then on my A2 exam I got 70 raw marks. Thus adding them gives 153 marks. Now would this mean I get an A*? Which method is used? Combining percentage uniform marks or combining raw marks?

Reaction score
I also have a related question. Do I need to combine my grades? I'd rather just cashin my A levels, since I messed up big time in AS.