• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Calling out to anyone who has had experience with English Literature!

Reaction score
Hey Atish I need your help again . .
Firstly, and sadly, even though i tried to analyze the paper format by looking at syllabus code and past papers, i couldn't get it (embarassing),
I'll appreciate if you can give me a clearer picture of the paper format and the syllabus. for e.g which essays are likely to come ? Like the one you've already mentioned are the main focus or are there more such essays or prose (whatever) that may have a high probability of being asked in the examinations.
Secondly, these York Notes you've mentioned, I wanted to ask you are they available easily ? (I live in Pakistan)
I know most of my questions you've answered before sir, but my entries for O levels are about to be sent and once I've given them I cannot stand back, so I'm just trying to realize where I will be headed before actually taking the subject.
I would be really thankful to you if you could help me here. !!
OK man! Don't worry!

> Paper Format:
You will need to
-answer 4 questions
-from at least 2 parts of the paper which is drama, prose or poetry (choose 2 only)
-and answer either direct questions or questions with text supplied.

Its really difficult to understand it but you need to read the instructions on the first page.

> Essay Likely to come?
So for me, i direct every essays to me and not to the questions.
So whatever is the question, I answer it first and to prevent my lack of writing, I direct the essay to my thoughts and my analysis of the text. I also support them with valid quotes from the text given or I try to remember at least 10 quotes per book.
YOUR ANSWER SHOULD DIFFER FROM THE OTHERS TO GET THE BEST GRADES AND BE RANKED.
All to say, is that you should not be afraid of the question. You should never be waiting for specific questions because you will be stressed during the exams and in addition you will need to do your very best!!!

>Books availability
There are available in all Libraries in my country and i think in your country also!
Just check them out, you should find them!!
DON'T FORGET LOOK FOR THE A LEVELS ONLY!!!

><
No problem for the questions, i will always answer them with a great smile!
Am still 16 but i made so much for people that age doesn't matter. :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUCCESS IS ABOUT SHARING!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
OK man! Don't worry!

> Paper Format:
You will need to
-answer 4 questions
-from at least 2 parts of the paper which is drama, prose or poetry (choose 2 only)
-and answer either direct questions or questions with text supplied.

Its really difficult to understand it but you need to read the instructions on the first page.

> Essay Likely to come?
So for me, i direct every essays to me and not to the questions.
So whatever is the question, I answer it first and to prevent my lack of writing, I direct the essay to my thoughts and my analysis of the text. I also support them with valid quotes from the text given or I try to remember at least 10 quotes per book.
YOUR ANSWER SHOULD DIFFER FROM THE OTHERS TO GET THE BEST GRADES AND BE RANKED.
All to say, is that you should not be afraid of the question. You should never be waiting for specific questions because you will be stressed during the exams and in addition you will need to do your very best!!!

>Books availability
There are available in all Libraries in my country and i think in your country also!
Just check them out, you should find them!!​
DON'T FORGET LOOK FOR THE A LEVELS ONLY!!!​
><​
No problem for the questions, i will always answer them with a great smile!​
Am still 16 but i made so much for people that age doesn't matter. :)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUCCESS IS ABOUT SHARING!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a true mate Atish, you're help is highly appreciated. Thanks !! :) :)