• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Cambridge O level Tips to succeed

Reaction score
I wrote this (first post) because many people just ask me how i am doing this.
So, first of all, you should be really endorse in it or you will never get higher.
Cambridge O level can be really difficult if you don't know how to tackle it.
So you need to be prepared.
-You should have more than 1 Year to get on this method.
-You should never fall into the traps of people who ahead of you and don't want you to succeed! ..

Steps (can vary up to you):
1. Put your mood level up to the max! You should be motivated to achieve this.
You should be fully sure that you are going to succeed or else you are just going to be down each time you just want to go further on.
2. Prepare a time table. Put a time table where you will be always busy with something. You should have atleast
4hours of learning per day +7-8 hours at school (excluding sat and sun). And don't forget about sports
(30mins per day). It is very important to do sports it helps you to feel fit, you will always be happy.
3. Don't get you friends involve in your revision as it will be very difficult to concentrate. Believe me i lost many days because i just wanted to help some friends but this is not a personal thought.
4. You should be focused, eveyday focused!!!!!!
5. You should never put for next time subjects you don't like.
6. For English,French and literature, you should be reading a lot and keep records of interesting vocabulary and expressions. It will take a lot of time to improve your style! You should always be in contact with books.
For language it will take time to develop up to the level of Cambridge. And believe me, i got so much to do to get to that level.
7. For Maths and Add Maths, you should always be practicing like mad to get to the best level.
8. Be confident before you go to exams. One week before exams don't learn anything, go to unwind in parks, at beaches, hotels. You should be relaxed!

If you get all that right you should be ahead of me! ..
If you really understand, its not learning the big problem but your mind!
I was never the first of the class. But, i worked to be among the best!
Best of luck for all those who will try it.
(Note: Never leave your books for more than 2 weeks or it will be too difficult to get on. You will feel very lazy and out of energy)

[Contact me for further help]

Reaction score
Hi Atish...you said You should have more than 1 Year to get on this method. but I have only 6 months ahead of me...do you think it's enough?? am stressed right now....i wasted too much time.....is 6 months enough?? advice me please.....can you please give me some tips for revision or memorise better?? Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hi Atish...you said You should have more than 1 Year to get on this method. but I have only 6 months ahead of me...do you think it's enough?? am stressed right now....i wasted too much time.....is 6 months enough?? advice me please.....can you please give me some tips for revision or memorise better?? Thanks in advance

My sincere greetings my dear Kelvin.
I used more or less than one year.
I work really hard. But the problem is that I took some days off because I was ill and the rest was because I was lazy.

You should really work up to 1A.M.
I work everyday up to 1A.M. but I work only for 1 hour.
For you, I think that a total of 4 hours will be clearly enough.
Just get a time table where everyday you will know what to do.
Try to do all on the time table, of course it will be difficult to complete it all.

You should work more by yourself and get a way to concentrate.
Don't forget never learn by heart because it doesn't give sense to your life.

For English:
It is going to be difficult if you are not a native speaker.
I think that you should not bother much about it if you want to get good results in other subjects.

Get everything ready like the time table and just tell me the Subjects that you are going to do?
Send me all your problems. I will try to solve them if I can.
;)

Good Luck and Cheers!

Reaction score
So atish do you have fbuk? can i add you? am not gay dont worry :)) just need advices....

Reaction score
Hey Atish, So I read your stuff, it's pretty relevant, though an year is too much to ask,
I had my mocks around a month back and got a D in Chemistry, but now I am getting A's and B's, it's more about the determination,

Reaction score
Hey Atish, So I read your stuff, it's pretty relevant, though an year is too much to ask,
I had my mocks around a month back and got a D in Chemistry, but now I am getting A's and B's, it's more about the determination,
Just go on.
Don't be stress at all...
I think that you should read the maximum.. and as you mentioned "It's more about determination"...
I've done my syll in 1year and I've got 2 A*'s and 5 A's...
So you see its not really difficult.. The main problem will be concentration..

Inbox me if you want more tips..

Reaction score
So in one month You Learned so much??? In one month you turned a D into an A?? I guess you have done a lot of hardwork.....am I right?

Reaction score
So in one month You Learned so much??? In one month you turned a D into an A?? I guess you have done a lot of hardwork.....am I right?
Well... i guess i did, but i still have a lot to do because these were the results from just a couple of ATP's though i did solve the whole 'Excel in O'Level Science-Chemistry' of Lee Eet Fong and that helped me alot plus i've posted a thread about the chemistry notes that i used, do check them out.

Reaction score
No I don't do Chemistry. I am in accounting field. I have just 6 months time in front of me and I am doubting myself thinking that I don't have enough time. I should be determined just like you and believe in myself...

Reaction score
No I don't do Chemistry. I am in accounting field. I have just 6 months time in front of me and I am doubting myself thinking that I don't have enough time. I should be determined just like you and believe in myself...
i recommend you watch this documentary named "The Secret" by Prime Time productions.

Reaction score
I wrote this (first post) because many people just ask me how i am doing this.
So, first of all, you should be really endorse in it or you will never get higher.
Cambridge O level can be really difficult if you don't know how to tackle it.
So you need to be prepared.
-You should have more than 1 Year to get on this method.
-You should never fall into the traps of people who ahead of you and don't want you to succeed! ..

Steps (can vary up to you):
1. Put your mood level up to the max! You should be motivated to achieve this.
You should be fully sure that you are going to succeed or else you are just going to be down each time you just want to go further on.
2. Prepare a time table. Put a time table where you will be always busy with something. You should have atleast
4hours of learning per day +7-8 hours at school (excluding sat and sun). And don't forget about sports
(30mins per day). It is very important to do sports it helps you to feel fit, you will always be happy.
3. Don't get you friends involve in your revision as it will be very difficult to concentrate. Believe me i lost many days because i just wanted to help some friends but this is not a personal thought.
4. You should be focused, eveyday focused!!!!!!
5. You should never put for next time subjects you don't like.
6. For English,French and literature, you should be reading a lot and keep records of interesting vocabulary and expressions. It will take a lot of time to improve your style! You should always be in contact with books.
For language it will take time to develop up to the level of Cambridge. And believe me, i got so much to do to get to that level.
7. For Maths and Add Maths, you should always be practicing like mad to get to the best level.
8. Be confident before you go to exams. One week before exams don't learn anything, go to unwind in parks, at beaches, hotels. You should be relaxed!

If you get all that right you should be ahead of me! ..
If you really understand, its not learning the big problem but your mind!
I was never the first of the class. But, i worked to be among the best!
Best of luck for all those who will try it.
(Note: Never leave your books for more than 2 weeks or it will be too difficult to get on. You will feel very lazy and out of energy)

[Contact me for further help]
i've got one month left for CIE. iam appearing for english, urdu, pakistan studies n islamiat.....any advice?

Reaction score
i've got one month left for CIE. iam appearing for english, urdu, pakistan studies n islamiat.....any advice?
My greeting dear rammy97.
English> You should have been reading a lot and practicingg a lot. They will only award you an A* if you are really good but if you are good but you do not have this plus they will give you an A.

Urdu, Pakistan Studies and Islamiat> I have never done those subjects. Just heard it from foreigners. But I think if you really like these subjects and read everything about it, you should got for an A*. It is just like English Literature, I've never been the best student in class. It is just at the end that I really found that I like Eng. Lit. as you can write whatever you want (stipulating that you are supporting your ideas).
I found that all my subjects were really interesting. I was usually a D graded student. Never did brilliant things or whatsoever..
I aimed for an A in all my subjects... I try my best to get that A... but the A* are usually awarded for EXCELLENT ones.
But I have 2 more years for my A/As levels to come.. I'll enjoy them..

Hope that you don't mind my dear rammy97...
But
Best of Luck!
Cheers!

Akr!...

Reaction score
it is gud to add linking sentences at the end of each reason for 7 nd 14 mark qustns in pak studies paper 1 , for e.g "Thus due to this reason mughal empire came into an end" !!!!

Reaction score
My greeting dear rammy97.
English> You should have been reading a lot and practicingg a lot. They will only award you an A* if you are really good but if you are good but you do not have this plus they will give you an A.

Urdu, Pakistan Studies and Islamiat> I have never done those subjects. Just heard it from foreigners. But I think if you really like these subjects and read everything about it, you should got for an A*. It is just like English Literature, I've never been the best student in class. It is just at the end that I really found that I like Eng. Lit. as you can write whatever you want (stipulating that you are supporting your ideas).
I found that all my subjects were really interesting. I was usually a D graded student. Never did brilliant things or whatsoever..
I aimed for an A in all my subjects... I try my best to get that A... but the A* are usually awarded for EXCELLENT ones.
But I have 2 more years for my A/As levels to come.. I'll enjoy them..

Hope that you don't mind my dear rammy97...
But
Best of Luck!
Cheers!

Akr!...
thnx, dat ws really helpful.....

Reaction score
I have done all things mentioned above.. but still i got just good result,..
what can be the reasons behind it?

Reaction score
I have done all things mentioned above.. but still i got just good result,..
what can be the reasons behind it?
My greetings Namra Adeel and please excuse me for the lateness.
You've done everything above? Right?

Firstly, I think that you haven't put all that you have in you in your exams.
Maybe you were too OVER -confident... Which is one of the worse thing to do!... I don't like this attitude as it really drowns you!

Secondly, I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD REALLY READ THE THREAD ONCE AGAIN!
I will quote from it:
You should have more than 1 Year to get on this method.
Line 5.
I think that you have not done it on a ONE year time basis.

I hope that it helps!
I have mentioned everything in the thread. If you still struggling, I think that you have had something wrong :/ .

Best of Lucks! Cheers!
Ark!...

Reaction score
probabilities.... but i was working hard from one year .. the main reason that i has not got a proper guide for o lvl... as my all teachers mostly never teaches a o lvl student.. they got first experiences..

Reaction score
probabilities.... but i was working hard from one year .. the main reason that i has not got a proper guide for o lvl... as my all teachers mostly never teaches a o lvl student.. they got first experiences..
Hmm...
I can see that..
But If you had done it all by yourself, you should have had A's everywhere.