• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Cambridge University

Reaction score
Well your grades are nearly perfect other than the 2 B's. Considering it is an English University, they might want you to brush up on your English grade, or take a TOEFL. Also, what types of clubs or sporting activities are you in? Sometimes if you are borderline, they may look at some of you extracurricular activities. You seem to be quite motivated to get in. If you don't initially you could always get your associate degree from another school and really excel there and then apply again with a history of academic study. One other piece of advice is you might not want to apply initially for the engineering program. It may be more difficult to get in that way. Good luck.

Reaction score
Hmm, well I took my 7 subjects in the IGCSE. Got 6A*s and 1 A in PE.
I have my AS grades too. I've got As in all my 3 subjects and i got a Percentage Uniform Mark of 100% in each of them.
Apparently I'm national topper in India over these 3 subjects. What do you reckon my chances at Cambridge are?

Reaction score
Give it a try. Make sure you have a well written personal statement and good overall application. Now that you have a good academic record, try to identify the extra-curricular achievements you've had in the past few years. In the end, your personality as portrayed by your application is more important than the awesome grades that almost every second person has.

Reaction score
destined007 said:
I got 8 As 1 B in O level and straight A in AS level (there is no A* in AS)
These are the places i applied and the scholarships i got:
University Of Toronto. Got accept. conditional offer. They want straight Bs in maths, phy and Chem in A2. $1,500 scholarship for the first year. Susceptible to change according to my academic performance.
University of Waterloo: Got in. conditional offer. They want minimum of C in maths, phy and any other course i am enrolled into. I got international student scholarship of $20,000 and University of Waterloo merit scholarship of $1,000.
University of Hong Kong: Got in. Conditional offer. They want minimum if A in maths, phy and chem. I got scholarship of HK$180,000. Payable for 3 year.
Now you decide where you stand and what you can get.
After the scholarship how much are u left to pay?

Reaction score
I HAVE STUDIED FROM CAMBRIDGE AND FOR THAT YOU SHOULD PASS THEIR APTITUDE TEST. ONLY 17 PAKISTANIS WERR STUDYING AT THAT TIME.

Reaction score
I am aiming for Cambridge University. I got
A* Biology
A* Physics
A* Maths
A Chemistry
A Urdu
A Stats
A Commerce
B Pak.St
B English
D Islamiyat

in my O levels and am currently in the A2 my subjects are Phy Che Bio MAth.

Some people say you have to have at least 10 A in O Levels.
But I still will apply for Engineering.

What I wanted to ask is that if anyone has (or anyone you know has) got into Oxford or Cambridge University or hasn't got in even though applied.
What were the grades, which College did you apply to?
Firstly, they dont care too much about your O Level Grades. I mean seriously, it does not represent who you are at the time of applying. They take 5 things they take into consideration -

1. Your AS Results. Its not enough to get an A. They want UMS % between 95-100 so that it will prove that you are capable of getting A* if it is your teachers A2 prediction. They dont believe predictions without proof.

2. A2 Predictions/ Results have to be minimum between A*AA and A*A*A

3. UCAS Personal Statement. You need to explain why Cambridge and that Course in particular is the place for you. If they feel even for a second that your lieing or are not interested in the course - your out.

4. Cambridge interviews over 70% of its Applicants. Its common for people to get rejected from universities like Imperial but still get an interview at Cambridge. They want to give you the chance to make up for low predictions, bad ucas, anything. Interview is the most critical factor as you will be talking with your future tutor for 30 odd minutes. If it does not go well or you are unable to answer his questions in a proper manner you will be out for sure. Keep in mind he interviews 100 applicants like yourself and most of them will be ready for the interview in all ways possible.

5. Cambridge takes into consideration your location. 86% of its class is from the UK and only 14% international. That being said it is easier to get into cambridge if you are inside the UK. They also consider the scores of others at your school to see if you are the Top 1 or Top 5 etc.

6. For some courses you will be required to score high on the Thinking Skills Assessment Test provided by Cambridge.

Sources : UCAS Discussion Forum.

Please dont post asking if you have a shot unless you've done all of the above as no one can really suggest anything to you that will help. Oh and btw people have got into Oxford with 3 D's because they were very good at interviews and A2 Predictions/results were very high.

Reaction score
School ***** up my predicted grades. A*A*A*C. a C!! WTF. And I didnt even know!
secondly I didnt write any additional personal statement.
thirdly I hate myself for applying to sidney sussex college. They didnt even reply to my Emails.

Lastly I got into Imperial, Kings college London, Edinburgh and Durham. But didnt receive even an interview call from Cambridge.

Reaction score
Hmm, I got a Conditional from Cambridge.
I took 7 IGCSEs, got 6 A*s and 1 A (in Phys Ed).
I have 3 A-Levels, A*s in all. 1 AS, an A.
Plus I'm taking 2 more A-Levels in May.
I'm planning to study Mathematics with Physics there.
Hmm, Ouch- toxicdevil. Tough Luck, man. I also got into Durham, King's and Leeds. But I haven't heard from Imperial yet. Any Idea, why?
No rejection or offer, yet. Hmm.

Reaction score
Hmm, I got a Conditional from Cambridge.
I took 7 IGCSEs, got 6 A*s and 1 A (in Phys Ed).
I have 3 A-Levels, A*s in all. 1 AS, an A.
Plus I'm taking 2 more A-Levels in May.
I'm planning to study Mathematics with Physics there.
Hmm, Ouch- toxicdevil. Tough Luck, man. I also got into Durham, King's and Leeds. But I haven't heard from Imperial yet. Any Idea, why?
No rejection or offer, yet. Hmm.

Conditional?? When you have your A Levels?
Which college for Cambridge? Can you give details for interview?

Keep your fingers crossed for imperial. :) You might wanna email them.
I have a friend who applied for computer something to im,perial and he recently got an email from them giving a maths test. Atleast thats what he told me.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell the minimum number of A levels required for Cambridge University ??!

Reaction score
School ***** up my predicted grades. A*A*A*C. a C!! WTF. And I didnt even know!
secondly I didnt write any additional personal statement.
thirdly I hate myself for applying to sidney sussex college. They didnt even reply to my Emails.

Lastly I got into Imperial, Kings college London, Edinburgh and Durham. But didnt receive even an interview call from Cambridge.
DID YOU APPLY TO MEDICINE?? I MEAN THATS LIKE WOW!!!!! and u must me filthy rich to be able to bear that tuition fees :D

Reaction score
DID YOU APPLY TO MEDICINE?? I MEAN THATS LIKE WOW!!!!! and u must me filthy rich to be able to bear that tuition fees :D

No I applied for natural science/biomedical engineering/ biotech.

In Cambridge for the scholarship. And I am not going to the other universities they are too expensive.

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmmm
bleh, its honey r are gonna be fine any way :D
lots of LUBH! as in love :D

Reaction score
I got 8 As 1 B in O level and straight A in AS level (there is no A* in AS)
These are the places i applied and the scholarships i got:
University Of Toronto. Got accept. conditional offer. They want straight Bs in maths, phy and Chem in A2. $1,500 scholarship for the first year. Susceptible to change according to my academic performance.
University of Waterloo: Got in. conditional offer. They want minimum of C in maths, phy and any other course i am enrolled into. I got international student scholarship of $20,000 and University of Waterloo merit scholarship of $1,000.
University of Hong Kong: Got in. Conditional offer. They want minimum if A in maths, phy and chem. I got scholarship of HK$180,000. Payable for 3 year.
Now you decide where you stand and what you can get.
do u know any university that'll offer me a scholarship for undergraduate health sciences? like bachelor of science,etc?