• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Can anyone calculate equivalence please?

Reaction score
I got 5 A*'s 2 A's and 1 B in O'level
3 C's in A level, please calculate equivalence? I want to be sure!

Reaction score
Yes, it is authentic. A*=90 A=85 B=75 C=65 and so on.

But how come IBCC people give more importance to O'level? Like O'level carries alot more marks than A'level does although its generally heard that A'level is more important in Pakistan!

Reaction score
But how come IBCC people give more importance to O'level? Like O'level carries alot more marks than A'level does although its generally heard that A'level is more important in Pakistan!

It is a flaw in the system. IBCC should rethink their equivalence policy.

Reaction score
It is a flaw in the system. IBCC should rethink their equivalence policy.

Well O'level is easier anyway so its okay if it has more marks for many students! Btw the 10 % that is cut is done during this calculation right?

Reaction score
So after the 10 % and all that is cut, my percentage would come up to 80.9 % right?

Reaction score
Alright then I see no point retaking AS although I got C's, what do you say?

Hmm? Did you get 3Cs in AS Level or A Level (AS+A2)? If you have 3Cs in AS Level then equivalence wouldn't be made. Because you need full A Level qualification.

Reaction score
Alright then I see no point retaking AS although I got C's, what do you say?

you're getting it wrong,you dont get equivalence for AS level grades its the overall A level grades that makes up the equivalences
Actually i misunderstood u thought u were talking about your final A lvl grades
so dont be mistaken by the above mentioned percentage,your equivalence depends on the final grades if u did slightly wrong in the second part your grades can drop below the present ones
so to be on the safe side u should consider retaking them

Reaction score
Hmm? Did you get 3Cs in AS Level or A Level (AS+A2)? If you have 3Cs in AS Level then equivalence wouldn't be made. Because you need full A Level qualification.

In AS level, but I just wanted to have an idea that if i get 3 C's in AS and A2 then what would my percentage be

Reaction score
you're getting it wrong,you dont get equivalence for AS level grades its the overall A level grades that makes up the equivalences
Actually i misunderstood u thought u were talking about your final A lvl grades
so dont be mistaken by the above mentioned percentage,your equivalence depends on the final grades if u did slightly wrong in the second part your grades can drop below the present ones
so to be on the safe side u should consider retaking them

Well I just assumed if the A2 results were such then how much the equivalence will be, well retaking is a waste of time too so still thinking on that and I am not that bad of a student that A2 results will drop below AS, i know a friend who wasnt good in studies but from triple C's in AS she managed to get triple B's in A2

Reaction score
Retakes would be advisable, as competition increases all the time, atleast here in Pakistan.

Reaction score
Oh, alright! But if you can manage re-taking, you should.

Hmm the university im thinking of requires just 60 % above after equivalence, im so confused :S but even if I get the same result next year, % after equivalence is fine, isnt it?

Reaction score
Oh. Well yes, top notch universities usually ask for the best grades, but if your condition is 60% flat, then it probably shouldnt fret you.