• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Can somebody help me out?

Reaction score
I need help on finding the PRE-IGCSE Past Papers for Mathematics (CODE 580)
I think that the ones I found on the XtremePapers database were the ones for the IGCSE, not the PRE-IGCSE.
Are all the PRE-IGCSE (not IGCSE) Papers for Mathematics (580) on the database?
If so, I'll start my hunt right away.
If not, then I'll have to just go with the IGCSE ones.

~ Kimo Force

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not aware of Pre-IGCSE. Can you please describe it a little more?
Is it Pre-U you are talking about?

Reaction score
I'm not aware of Pre-IGCSE. Can you please describe it a little more?
Is it Pre-U you are talking about?

Well basically, the PRE-IGCSE System is the same as the IGCSE System, but instead, the PRE-IGCSE System only requires for the student to only be taught the Core points of a topic, and the Supplement points are canceled.
Also, the highest grade possible in the PRE-IGCSE System is the "C", and not the "A*".
Exam papers also differ, so for example:

English: Papers 1 and 3.
Mathematics: Papers 1 and 3.
Biology: Papers 1, 2, and 6.
Chemistry: Papers 1, 2, and 6.
Physics: Papers 1, 2, and 6.

I already found Papers 1 and 3 for the May/June 2006 exam, so I think that the rest are already on the database.

~ Kimo Force

Reaction score
They are already within the IGCSE database i think. The difference is just that they are not placed under a separate category with the title pre-IGCSE.

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Thats true!
I don't know why they aren't categorized by CIE. :shock:

Reaction score
they arent really pre-ig you can do them at the end of grade 10 as your external exams instead of doing the extended exams, they are alot easier and even if you get a full mark it will be put as a -C-

Reaction score
pre igcse and igcse is quite different
i think the question papers will be different too!

Reaction score
Cambridge Pre-U is a different thing. In this i.e. IGCSE there are 2 types. One is to take the core qualification. The other one is to take the "extended" papers. The difference is of subject content which is more detailed in the extended papers. Those who enter the core papers can only access the grade range C grade and onwards. Whereas those who give the extended papers are eligible to get access to the complete grade range A* and onwards.

Reaction score
no he's speaking about the core syllabus not the extended one..!!
here in egypt they take core syllabus in grade 9 and in grade 10 they take the extended syllabus
i used to take the core syllabus last year but i'm know in grade 10