• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

can we take alevels in science without science in olevels

Reaction score
i got 5a* 5as 4bs in olevels plus a distinction i always loved physics but wanted to be economist so took all the social sciences in olevels in as level i got 3as nd 2bs now i am planing to give in my gap year accelerated physic without olevels in it but i had finished 80% syllabus while i was in olevels pllzzz give sugesstions

Reaction score
A level science subjects are really hard. You can't give them accelerated. You are talented and intelligent, but A levels science is hard. For example, the O levels Chemistry syllabus can be completed in a month, the A levels Chemistry has to be completed in a year(I'm talking about learning from school)

Reaction score
Yes you can. In fact one of my friends gave chem (not accelerated) without O level background and managed to scored an A in A level. But its a little hard indeed. if you are bright you will be able to manage.