• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Career and University Counselling (all careers, US,UK,Canadian, Pak universities)

Reaction score
Hey ZohaiB
I am an A1. I need to know which university to pursue ... My combination is :
1-Physics
2-Chemistry
3-Economics
4-Accel Maths

Hopefully next year I shall opt Further MAths alongwith any other AS subject....
My BasiC interst is in MATHS and I want to do some researcH work in that field......
Question: What should be my first step to pursue that career? ( I know I wil have to do teachin but where to start from)
Which uni to opt?
My olevels Grade 10 A* 1A (English) 1B (urdu)

I cant afford without generous grants.. :(

Waiting for your reply... :)

Reaction score
I am thinking about pursuing chartered accountancy as a career.Still to keep my options open i have opted for Phy Chem Bio and Math in A levels.Iwanted to become a doctor but that takes too long .
So is pursuing Chartered Accountancy a good choice for me in means of earning and job satisfaction plus working hours?
What are good institutions for accountancy here and abroad?

Another query:
I want to go abroad to study but that can only be possible if i achieve a full/100% scholarship (or atleast a feasible student loan) .What should i do to achieve that?i am in A1 and my Ol result was 8a*s and an a
I know success is not only through hard work but technique.Im a hardworker ,what should be my technique?
It is very hard to get a 100% scholarship however you may get a maximum of 20% if u do exceptionally well. but there are some pak gov aids that may be helpful

Reaction score
HEy zohaib asad !! I've got a question for you do universities in Uk and Australia consider As level of any subject?
secondly what is the importance of gp grade if one is applying for Uk or australia?

Reaction score
Hey, is any one of you aware of this college SIR SYED COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES FOR GIRLS in Karachi, Pakistan? How's the reputation, studies and everything ? I need to know this fast. Would appreciate your response!

Reaction score
Hello Zohaib,Can you help me with this....
1.If I graduate from NUST in Software or Mechanical Engineering,what are the chances of me getting accepted in foreign Universities(for example in Canada like UofT,Mcmaster,UBC) if I receive a good GPA?

2. Software Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering,what can you say about them....for example,which one should I choose(I have a passion for both)

3. Where can you recommend one can go to study for undergraduate so he can guarantee a good university for graduate studies and is cheap in the same time for undergrad?

Reaction score
Have any related queries? Please let it out here for guidance

->University admissions
-> Subject selection
-> Career selection
yes i want to study medicine in australia or uk how will i apply and what are the admission requirements of some of thier good universities ....kindly name them aswell

i scored 8a's in o level and 3 A'S in as level (phy,chem,bio)

Reaction score
Have any related queries? Please let it out here for guidance

->University admissions
-> Subject selection
-> Career selection
Which careers are open for an A-Level student with a combination of' 'Economics,Psychology,World History,Mathematics and General Paper'?
Which universities in UK and USA prefer students with the combination?

Reaction score
I'd love someone to help me out with my indecisiveness!! I love writing, whether it's poetry or script writing or persuasion,etc. But I really enjoy the knowledge aspect of sciences, like Biology, cuz Im really curious about the human body and everything that happens and WHY it happens as well as physics. My chemistry teacher has told me she wished Id use my 'chem talent' and become a pharmacist. Sometimes I consider CSS (civil superior services) in Pakistan and think it would probably be the best option. Ive also thought of going into directing films/movie making (but not the stereotypically useless and hollow headed movies made nowadays-more insightful ones). And Ive also been crazy about psychology for ages now, reading all about it and mental disorders.I had even decided 'for sure' that I wanted to be a psychologist, but I found out about its low scopes in Pakistan and got a little discouraged, though Im still open to considering it.Out of a career, I want to be able to help people, make a differenc, refrain from mundane tasks,use creativity, and contribute to my country and its potential. So..what would be most feasible according to this information, the current scopes and stuff in Pakistan??
Thankyou in advance!!

Reaction score
well... i am an A level student... have done AS level B.S,ENGLISH,MATHS and goin to appear A LEVEL PHYSICS CHEMISTRY BIOLOGY!! i have dropped the rest of the subjects.. so please tell me the possible career options with these subjects and which country would be the easiest to get admission for it... because i m an average student scoring C. so please suggest me wisely! :)

Reaction score
I just completed my AS level with subjects Accel math, physics, economics and will hopefully opt for further math next year. My basic interest is maths and would have liked to go for applied mathematics or actuarial sciences but since I am not able to find a suitable university for that in pakistan I am confused what to do! Another option i considered was to do CA but i think ICAP does not have much value outside pakistan. Can anyone help me in suggesting any other option in pakistan and a suitable university?

Reaction score
i want to do chemical engineering. what are its prospects in pakistan and abroad .

Reaction score
Hello guyz. I had a question. Plz help... I have recently completed my O Levels and i am expecting good grades. I want to do engineering. What would me more benefiting: A levels or Fsc in pakistan. Even i want to appear in CSS so which subjects i shall i opt if i do A levels which help me for CSS. Would Alevels b wise choice. Plz help urgent....

Reaction score
I'd love someone to help me out with my indecisiveness!! I love writing, whether it's poetry or script writing or persuasion,etc. But I really enjoy the knowledge aspect of sciences, like Biology, cuz Im really curious about the human body and everything that happens and WHY it happens as well as physics. My chemistry teacher has told me she wished Id use my 'chem talent' and become a pharmacist. Sometimes I consider CSS (civil superior services) in Pakistan and think it would probably be the best option. Ive also thought of going into directing films/movie making (but not the stereotypically useless and hollow headed movies made nowadays-more insightful ones). And Ive also been crazy about psychology for ages now, reading all about it and mental disorders.I had even decided 'for sure' that I wanted to be a psychologist, but I found out about its low scopes in Pakistan and got a little discouraged, though Im still open to considering it.Out of a career, I want to be able to help people, make a differenc, refrain from mundane tasks,use creativity, and contribute to my country and its potential. So..what would be most feasible according to this information, the current scopes and stuff in Pakistan??
Thankyou in advance!!
Oh my god that's sooo me ..I mean everthing ,I hope I can too find someone to help me as well in this question ...though this is cool someone with the same exact interst and problem as me:)

Reaction score
Salam Zohaib,

Really pleased by the thread you made.. its helpful

Please answer my question too that is could you please tell me any good universities that provide online degrees, as i'm a private candidate and decide to remain as it is in the future ; so i want do BBA online? if you know any good universities please let me know!
thanks and regards