• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
I'm bad at Maths, everything else I do quite decently.
I'm interested in Music as well, my mates tell me i'm talented at it, but I believe i'm ok.
If you think you are good in Music, I would surely encourage you to take this profession. Do what really makes you enthusiastic.

Reaction score
You must take Science subjects especially Mathematics and Physics, which are compulsory. Chemistry could be the third option.
Oh .. I was told CHEM and maths would be the compulsory subs for this field .. While phy would be optional ..
Maybe , someone misguided me :/

Reaction score
First of all, it is not a majorly recognised university. Secondly, a few American universities do accept students after O Levels, the most recognised one being Michigan State University. Majority of universities in US, Canada and Australia do not accept O Levels only. And nearly all UK universities do not accept GCSE qualified students directly into their undergraduate programs.
fahmeed these types of universities have high fees which few people can afford it.

Reaction score
Oh .. I was told CHEM and maths would be the compulsory subs for this field .. While phy would be optional ..
Maybe , someone misguided me :/
Chemistry is also as important as Physics, and that person may have not misguided you. It differs from university to university what they require.

Reaction score
Chemistry is also as important as Physics, and that person may have not misguided you. It differs from university to university what they require.
Sir, what do you think of Dentistry in comparison to Medicine, and of dentistry as a profession. :D

Reaction score
NUST is a an excellent academic institution with world class recognition.

Yes, you can do CA without prior knowledge of accountancy, and there are many career pathways for CA.
Thanks for the help.
Just a few questions more
I am done with my SAT 1 got a score of 2170. Is this a decent score?
If so what are my chances getting in an University in America/Canada?

Secondly, I read lot of posts regarding German Universities would you suggest me any?
How about University of Edinburgh?

Once again Thanks a bunch.............

Reaction score
hey FAHMEED Lostsoul plz help me out ASAP i am 2o yr old avg aptitude student so have passed my fsc with a mere 54% now i am left with very few choices for a degree a BBA , BS A & F or ACCA
i got selected fast nu- Islamabad BS A & F and BS business program with specialization in ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE of Forman christian college ( http://www.fccollege.edu.pk/academics/som/baccalaureateFCCU lahore so i have chosen fc college after looking at its faculty and course outline http://www.fccollege.edu.pk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ROAD-MAP-FOR-BUSINESS-STUDENTS.pdf which i find to be superior to thtat of school of managment of FAST islamabad plz let me know if its the right decision or should i prefer ACCA
fccu business degree is relatively expensive with comparison to other normal range private uni's like FAST nu fee is 2 lacs per year while fccu charges 2 lac 88 thousand
so will my bachelors degree hold any market value ?
or should prefer acca provided that have to be on my own i.e support my family as soon as i graduate without any other source of support

Last edited:
Reaction score
i am preffering bachelors degree because i think it will be a smooth route i won't be stuck unlike in ACCA there is a bumpy road ahead i might pass a paper i might fail plus i will have to waste almost an year doing FIA in order to enter acca thenanother 3years for ACCA then 2-3 yeears for a good training program,
also will my degree bs bussiness will hold any woth in europe especially germany and at least in middle east since i aim to move abroad from PAKISTAN as soon as I graduate

Reaction score
hey FAHMEED Lostsoul plz help me out ASAP i am 2o yr old avg aptitude student so have passed my fsc with a mere 54% now i am left with very few choices for a degree a BBA , BS A & F or ACCA
i got selected fast nu- Islamabad BS A & F and BS business program with specialization in ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE of Forman christian college ( http://www.fccollege.edu.pk/academics/som/baccalaureateFCCU lahore so i have chosen fc college after looking at its faculty and course outline http://www.fccollege.edu.pk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ROAD-MAP-FOR-BUSINESS-STUDENTS.pdf which i find to be superior to thtat of school of managment of FAST islamabad plz let me know if its the right decision or should i prefer ACCA
fccu business degree is relatively expensive with comparison to other normal range private uni's like FAST nu fee is 2 lacs per year while fccu charges 2 lac 88 thousand
or should prefer acca provided that have to be on my own i.e support my family as soon as i graduate without any other source of support

ACCA is a better option but if you have low academic skill then go for a bba .. with the ACCA (if you give it privately) you can also work ... getting some money is better than no money at all and you will also start your career but the ACCA's curriculum will be tougher than that of the BBA

Last edited:
Reaction score
ACCA is a better option but if you have low academic skill then go for a bba .. with the ACCA (if you give it privately) you can also work ... getting some money is better than no money at all and you will also start your career but the ACCA's curriculum will be tougher than that of the BBA
which university in pakistan from the following FAST-NU , FORMAN CHRISTIAN COLLEGE , or UMT

Reaction score
which university in pakistan from the following FAST-NU , FORMAN CHRISTIAN COLLEGE , or UMT
i have no idea about these universities i have only heard about fast just ask people working in lahore employers and employees will be able to tell you more ... and you should have had done this research at least 12 months ago

Reaction score

First of all, this planning is done ahead of graduation.

At this percentage, you dont have many options. And I can assess it will be hard for you to complete ACCA on time. And it will be hard to do other lucrative courses ICMAP, CIMA, CMA, CPA etc.

You can study BBA, but nowadays, BBAs from reputed institutions are recognised and other degree programs are just considered pieces of paper.