• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chem p33 grade thresholds? My paper went terribly :'(

Reaction score
v had ours in school and it was pretty good 4 us facilities + good quality chemicals and equipment were given + d invigilators were superb friendly and caring wow its pretty surprising dat loadz of u guys got crappy stuff
sorry :(
We had ours in our school as well..We were provided with good quality equipments and chemicals and our invigilators were caring and friendly to...the only problem was about that conc HCL:p

Reaction score
I got 91.3 percent pure for calcium carbonate. Some other students in our center got 30 percent. That is a great difference! And one girl even got 100 percent pure T_T
my purity is also close to yours!!

Reaction score
What was the observation when HCL was added to CuSo4?My solution only turned light:S:S
We were not provided any conc HCL so used dilute instead..will the observation be effected?
Yes, they will differ, you were supposed to have conc. HCL. The blue solution turned green with me. At first, I used dilute HCL, not reading properly, but nothing happened so I read again.

Reaction score
Well friends said that a titration came and salt analysis. And most of em said it was hard as hell and most didnt even finish the whole practical. But basically if the equipment and chemicals are proper, there isnt any reason for a person to have a bad practical exam, only if he doesnt get pressurized and wastes 20 minutes in the beginning thinking what to do first. The key I guess is dont waste a single second. Just start right away with what you are familiar with. And as for the complaint, Edwardes College Peshawar did not give out any suggestion sheets at all, and I feel like I should really complaint directly through the paper. And also a friend had 2 faulty burettes from the start and wasted 20 minutes just waiting for the invigilators to get a proper one after exchanging it a couple of times. Plain bull don't you think? Especially when you are paying 12 thousand rupees just for a single examination.

Think about it.
i really, REALLY wanna complain. U know what they did with us?? my group was B and my reporting time was 9:45 but my practical was to start at 12. so everyone in my group reported at around this time but then we were told we've been put in Group C. Till then we were all practically locked up in a small stuffy room, WITHOUT ELECTRICITY:/ and my pathetic practical started at almost 4 and ended at 6 in the evening! I've never even heard about any CIE exam going on so late.
If u know where we can complain directly, please DO tell me.

Reaction score
in my exam hall there were no tags indicating the sequence that the students have to answer the question.....i startes doing question no. 1 and was done with reading and rinsing the instrument at that time the invigilator came over and said that i wasnt allowed to do that i had to do no .2 because 2 ppl beside me were doing no. 1 i insisted him that i had began earlier than them but he didnt give a shit and when i start my exam with question 2 i had already wasted my 10 minutes.......and at the end i was left with some easy 10 marks moles questions which i wasn't able to complete because of the time ...if i had that 10 minutes i could have done that....CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW DO I REPORT IT TO CAMBRIDGE OR BRITISH COUNCIL NOW ?
Seriously, im literally hating these CIE pple now:/ if u get to know where we can complain, please do tell me as well.

Reaction score
v had ours in school and it was pretty good 4 us facilities + good quality chemicals and equipment were given + d invigilators were superb friendly and caring wow its pretty surprising dat loadz of u guys got crappy stuff
sorry :(
where was ur center again?