• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chem p33 - tips?

Reaction score
Anyone with tips for the ion testing experiment? for example; a blue solution will most likely contain cu2+ ions..

Any other tips on other cations/anions?

Reaction score
Well you would be given the cation/anion sheet.. Remember about the lead chloride, how it can be used to detect both lead and chloride.. and be prepared for distinguishing precipitates of the same color.. Rest, I dont have a single idea what is coming tomorrow :) But still Best of luck

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
Well you would be given the cation/anion sheet.. Remember about the lead chloride, how it can be used to detect both lead and chloride.. and be prepared for distinguishing precipitates of the same color.. Rest, I dont have a single idea what is coming tomorrow :) But still Best of luck

oh wow i didnt know this.. so that means when we we found lead in the solution, it is definitely PbCl2? cause Pb2+ definitely gives off white ppt and white ppt is also the indicator of Cl-? am i right? CMIIW

Reaction score
umm i dont remember exactly.. it gives the blue color as well... I think its the reverse of Cu or it doesnt dissolve in either NaoH or Nh3.. Confirm it though .. !!!
The test abt lead is like this.. that if they ask u to add lead iodide and u end up with a white ppt, that is chloride ion.. similarly if u have a solution and they ask u add hcl and u get a white ppt, it is lead :)