• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEM PAPER-22

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
OK guyz... !!!
The black solid was COPPER(ii)OXIDE for sure !!!!
Copper reacts with air to give black CuO and i am damn sure about this one !! :D

hey dude the black substamce was 4 sure....carbon....it was a repeated question u should check it in topical...........................

Reaction score
I have checked it on net.. !!! If carbon had to be formed it wouldnt form midway !!! It was cooper turned to copper(ii)oxide on reaction with air !

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
And u dint have to write pumice .. U had to name the compound which was AL2O3

yes the ans was Al203 bt many students wrote sila gel or sio2 as well so it can also be ritte

Reaction score
hmm yes it can be.. i also wrote that then crossed out.. !! but SiO2 is used to make alcohal from alkene not alkene frm alcohol :/

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
I have checked it on net.. !!! If carbon had to be formed it wouldnt form midway !!! It was cooper turned to copper(ii)oxide on reaction with air !

dude why to argue.......i am posting u the paper no......J94 Q3 P3

Ans frm the context of topical........................
" X is carbon which wud have arisen due to the thermal decomposition of the organic substances"

so this is is context of ans.....

n Si02 is also considered to b rite(100 % confirmed)......so thumbs up guys who wrote Sio2 as well,......

Reaction score
@ashhadazam Dude calm down, u've posted about 50 times arguing about a part thats worth only 1 mark! :?

Reaction score
intel1993 said:
ashhadazam said:
And u dint have to write pumice .. U had to name the compound which was AL2O3

yes the ans was Al203 bt many students wrote sila gel or sio2 as well so it can also be ritte
yeah i rote al2o3 too nd itcant b si02 coz it forms alcohol frm alkene nt alkene frm alcohol

Reaction score
c copper is only used whn its a tertiary alcohol coz they require harsh conditons for dehydration...since here it wuz a primary alcohol it wut b sumthing but NOT COPPER!

Reaction score
part 1 was dat it wz primary alcohol .... :s

it cud hv been a new xprmnt in which da black solid turned black ...
if dats da case ..
dn its definitely Cu used to oxidise tertiary alcohol 2 alkene ....
Water reacted wd Cu 2 frm CuO ...