• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 1C , 2C

Reaction score
It was good for me but i think i did some silly mistakes:S
Am hoping to get A* because i worked really hard:S
I pray to all of you guys to get the grades you are hoping :)
When talking about silly mistakes, I should say What I really did..
In the question asking about the acid forms when SO2 reacts with rain, I wrote, Sulfurous Acid, H2SO3!!!!!

But however, I have a question, in the molar enthalpy change, it was 48, but in the AS chemistry ( Oh by the way, I did AS chemistry as well )
We should indicate the sign, so I wrote , because their is heat given off, the reaction is exothermic, so the molar enthalpy change should be with negative sign. Therefore, the molar enthalpy change = -48 kJ/mol
Is that right with the O level?

Reaction score
When talking about silly mistakes, I should say What I really did..
In the question asking about the acid forms when SO2 reacts with rain, I wrote, Sulfurous Acid, H2SO3!!!!!

But however, I have a question, in the molar enthalpy change, it was 48, but in the AS chemistry ( Oh by the way, I did AS chemistry as well )
We should indicate the sign, so I wrote , because their is heat given off, the reaction is exothermic, so the molar enthalpy change should be with negative sign. Therefore, the molar enthalpy change = -48 kJ/mol
Is that right with the O level?
you did it right! goood ;)
i did wrong:S
and the question about farady too !
and the half equation am not sure of it
i think i was dying while i was doing the exam :S!!

Reaction score
i dunno what happened with me during the exam:s
maybe it was easy but i couldn't solve many stuff
can you tell me the answers of faraday pls

Reaction score
yeah i wrote it sulfurous at the beginning but i changed it stupid me-.-
i hope to be accepted!

Reaction score
Wait wait , Isn't it SULFURIC ACID?
Sulphurous acid doesn't cause acid rain, because it is an unstable acid which reacts with water REVERSIBLY!
I wrote Sulphurous too, but I think that the right answer is Sulphuric

Reaction score
i think the question was direct what happens when sulfur dioxide reacts with water how it could be sulphuric!!!!

Reaction score
What makes me really upset, is that I KNOW THE ANSWER, but I was acting like smarter than the examiner, and I misunderstood the meaning! So I wrote sulfurous :(

Reaction score
I hope that we get generous marking! We all worked hard and deserve an A* without even entering the exam :p