• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 31?? hell??

Reaction score
How was it?
i found it really difficult?
the format of the papers has changed...

wishing the grade thresholds are low :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Reaction score
It was easy, very easy but it was not direct.

I managed to get 75+ i hope :D i don't think curve would be lower than 2010 or same, I think a bit higher.

Reaction score
actually it wasn't bad, it is just that examiners are getting a bit retared, no offence, but if u want us to explain something at least provide sufficient lines...and a few wacko questions here and there but for me it is still better than paper 6 chemistry ..i hope everyone gets a good mark ^__^

Reaction score
guys if i got a high A in p3 and a high A in p1 and lets say a high B in p6 !! would i get an A* or an A??? :%)

Reaction score
it was vrt esy..:D :D
nd yes narutogirl i agree...they shud provide more lines..!! :/
bt it was esy...but goin to lose marks..:'(

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the answer to

1) Which of the acid reaction is the redox reaction and the reason? (Li + HI), (Zinc Carbonate + HI) or (the one with MgO)
2) Which carboxylic acid forms when acidified potassium manganate react with Butanol? and its structural formula?

For your info, I choose:

1) One with MgO, as oxygen is involved (the explanation probably wrong) :)
2) Butanoic Acid, CH3CH2CH2COOH

Can someone confirm? :)

Reaction score
I guess the 1) is Li+HI =LiI +H
Lithium is oxidized and hi is reduced
And 2) yes its butanoic acid c3h7cooh

And was that q the last one butanol + ethanoic acid does the compound called ester and the molecular formula what was it ?!

Reaction score
The post about providing more lines cracked me up! LOL! I SO agree, those crackheads NEED to give us a few lines extra, like they do in Bio.
I wrote below the lines though.. Is that fine?

Reaction score
Oh and btw, the paper was easy as far as I wrote it. WAY easier than Bio and physics p3s. Anyone agree? I mean the other paper 3's were hell hard!

Reaction score
what were the two reducing agents apart from CO2 for zinc oxide?

could you rite carbon monoxide and aluminium or any metal more reactive than zinc i.e magnesium?

Reaction score
Adahshan said:
yes C6H1202

and the concentration was 1.33Mol/dm^3
Was it really 1.33?
cause i got it bt i just did some weird formula working just to fill the lines and i got 1.33

Reaction score
I got 1.33 mol/dm^3 too. But I doubt if I can score the mark for method, as I forgot to convert the 20 cm^3 and 15 cm^3 into dm^3 for the working (it doesn't affect the result).
So I did:

1 x 20 / 15 = 1.33 mol/dm^3

though the result is the same because 1 x 0.02 / 0.015 = 1.33 mol/dm^3. Do you think it matters id I didn't convert as long as results are correct? And it was a 3 mark question how many marks do you think I can get?