• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry As/A level...!!! expected ppr May/June

Reaction score
Hi guys...
can u plz tell me some important topics which are expected in this May As and A2 pprs...( ppr 2 and 4 )
Thanks..!! :)

Reaction score
LOL..you can never predict what exactly is going to come...for pprs esp 2 and 4, u need to go thru the whole syllabus and make sure ur concept is clear!!
Thats all...almost everything comes, go thru the past papers!

Reaction score
thats true! but if ur like awsom in organic chem then ur sure of atlst 60%! the rest just keep doin PP

Reaction score
No. You cannot predict the exact paper pattern but the topics can be predicted easily for both P2 and P4.

For P2:

1- orbital overlap
2- PV=nRT and kinetic molecular theory
3-Numerical for Kc + Equilibrium
4- Alkenes reaction with hot KMnO4
5- Period 3 oxides OR group 2 reaction with water

For P4:

1- Born-haber Cycle + LE comparison
2- buffers
3- Hess's Law (AS)
4- Splitting of d-orbitals ( go to Q.4 JUNE 2007)
5- Group VII
6- Catalysis
7- Condensation polymerization VS Addition polymerization (go to Q.7 JUNE 2008)
8- Amino acids, proteins and their classification in support booklet
9- Amines
10- Enzymes + ATP
11- DNA fingerprinting + proton-NMR OR working of HPLC
12- Passage on rock-munching bacteria OR environmental questions

Reaction score
alisha said:
thats true! but if ur like awsom in organic chem then ur sure of atlst 60%! the rest just keep doin PP
LOL..no im not awsum in organic chem...actually thats my weakest point :c

Reaction score
dont rely on anything!! paper can be different depending on the varient!!!!!!!!!
so kindly do everything!

Reaction score
REGARDING PAPER 4

1- The topics that i have posted are not wild guesses. I have followed the pattern of CIE papers.

2- But you should still count them as "special topics".

3- Another point that most people overlook is the relation of NOV papers to the immidiate June papers. For instance:
compare a) NOV 2009/42 Q.3(b) and JUNE 2010/42 Q.4(b)
b) NOV 2007/4 Q.4(b) and JUNE 2008/Q.3(b) and (c) [both covers the +4 state of group IV]
c) NOV 2008/4 Q.3(b)(vi) and JUNE 2009/4 Q.3(c)
d) NOV 2008/4 Q.6(b) and JUNE 2009/4 Q.6(c) [In fact the the NOV 08 quetion part has been extended into a
question]

I ask now: Are these coincidences? The reason behind all these points is that Examiners willingly put these questions on the June to check whether the the NOV papers have been well done or not. This is what I have observed may be it is wrong. Another thing is that a little difficult question can be changed into another difficult or easy question.

So what about NOV 2010 papers!! Which questions to look for in these papers 42 and 43!!

If you closely look the papers that i have quoted above, you will find the following interesting points:

1- Mostly INORGANIC CHEMISTRY has been targeted with the aid of Electrochemistry. [group IV and transition metals]

2- Organic has been targeted less because it has a lot of variety functional groups are too many so the questions are very easy to make as compared to INORGANIC chemistry where the the same topics are addressed in a different manner [NOV 2010 papers have easy but technical group IV questions]

3- Another point is the marks alloted to AS chemistry. 14 marks were devoted in paper 43. But in JUNE papers THERE MUST BE AN AS ORGANIC CHEMISTRY QUESTION OF MINIMUM 11 MARKS. [or may be i am wrong] go J.08/P4/Q.4

More later I have to do some work.

Reaction score
Its really hard to tell what might come ! but do anyone know anything about chemistry practicals . Im giving paper 33 on 12th May! Please share if anyone get any predictions

Reaction score
For practicals

Moles concept should be perfect. It will help you in P2 and later on A2 in P4.

Reaction score
kahynickel said:
REGARDING PAPER 4

1- The topics that i have posted are not wild guesses. I have followed the pattern of CIE papers.

3- Another point that most people overlook is the relation of NOV papers to the immidiate June papers. For instance:
b) NOV 2007/4 Q.4(b) and JUNE 2008/Q.3(b) and (c) [both covers the +4 state of group IV]
d) NOV 2008/4 Q.6(b) and JUNE 2009/4 Q.6(c) [In fact the the NOV 08 quetion part has been extended into a
question]

I ask now: Are these coincidences? The reason behind all these points is that Examiners willingly put these questions on the June to check whether the the NOV papers have been well done or not. This is what I have observed may be it is wrong. Another thing is that a little difficult question can be changed into another difficult or easy question.

So what about NOV 2010 papers!! Which questions to look for in these papers 42 and 43!!

If you closely look the papers that i have quoted above, you will find the following interesting points:

1- Mostly INORGANIC CHEMISTRY has been targeted with the aid of Electrochemistry. [group IV and transition metals]

2- Organic has been targeted less because it has a lot of variety functional groups are too many so the questions are very easy to make as compared to INORGANIC chemistry where the the same topics are addressed in a different manner [NOV 2010 papers have easy but technical group IV questions]

3- Another point is the marks alloted to AS chemistry. 14 marks were devoted in paper 43. But in JUNE papers THERE MUST BE AN AS ORGANIC CHEMISTRY QUESTION OF MINIMUM 11 MARKS. [or may be i am wrong] go J.08/P4/Q.4

wow looks like u have reely done some research :)
thanks again myte...this was reely helpful..!!

msk

Reaction score
kahynickel said:
REGARDING PAPER 4

question]

Wohoo man u got some research work done.....awesome..... i also felt the same that question are of similar type in O/N and Foloowing M/J session...

Reaction score
princesszahra said:
dont rely on anything!! paper can be different depending on the varient!!!!!!!!!
so kindly do everything!
ur rite ..!!! nothing iz cnfirmed

Reaction score
for p3 most probably a Q on moles of water lost (on heatin in a crucible etc.)
then a titration involving hydrated salts
and the usual identification test

id like more info as well if ppl hav sum 2 share regardin p3

Reaction score
alisha said:
for p3 most probably a Q on moles of water lost (on heatin in a crucible etc.)
then a titration involving hydrated salts
and the usual identification test

id like more info as well if ppl hav sum 2 share regardin p3

Are you sure ? I mean do u just predict or did u get from a source? nd thanx nyways for sharing ,il let u know if i know something

Reaction score
and kahynickel do u have any thoughts about expected topics in physics ppr 4..??
And also on pprs 5 of phy and chem :]
I know im askin a lot...but i reely appreciate ure help...

Reaction score
From this may June there is a new syllabus introduced for all subject , as far as i know for chemistry theres no new change.But just want to know will this change the queston pattern or difficulty level?