• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry ATP

Reaction score
intelnehalem said:
I don't think you should extrapolate the graph to the origin :) I don't think many people from my center did that lol
What was the concentration btw?

The last part? 1.25 mol/dm^3

Reaction score
As stated in the mark schemes, We had to extend the line at lower and upper ends... but I didn't.. :(
There is 1 mark for this.. :( :( :cry: :sorry:

Reaction score
awww.... it would be good just have trust in Allah as what we could do we did now upon Him!! @Maleeha @workaholic

Reaction score
in the elctrolysis, was the gas formed hydrogen or oxygen? moreover, what was the colour change in the titration question? sumone plzz answer them.

Reaction score
em also confused about the gas ... :( plzz someone confirm it with a reason .. so we shall nt mess our chem p1 n p2

Reaction score
OH ions were discharged as Suplhate ions are never discharged in aqueous solution. The question specifically asked about gas at anode, which could only be where OH ions are discharged.
4OH^- ===> 2H20 + O2 + 4e^-.
Oxygen gas given off.
Hope this clears it up!

Reaction score
Its common sense to start the graph from the origin...
And yeah soulgamer last parts answer was 1.25 mol per dm3... :)

Reaction score
no itx not "common sense" most of the tyms marks r deducted for forcing line to pass through origin.. n if it had been so obvious.. everyone wud have had done it correct.

Reaction score
Marks are deducted...!! You have to xtend in both directions as my sir told me...!! cant start the graph from the mid...

Reaction score
well its common sense that no gas would be collected if you mix 10 cm3 of HCl and NO OTHER reagant :p

Reaction score
Hey guys what was the answer to that 1000g question in the last part of titration?