• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P1 and P2 today

Reaction score
well the kettle was electric so electrons moved from negative to positive terminal

Reaction score
lets say if i lose 3 marks in P4 5 marks in P2 and 7 marks in p1 can i still get an A* worried about this subject because i had hopes with only chemistry :confused:

Reaction score
so guys what do u think will A* reach 88-89% overall or it will remain 90% P4 and P2 were easy but P1 was a bit difficult. i guess everyone might find p1 difficult comparative to other 2 pprs?
hmhm.... but still i thnk that A* wud be till 90 or least 89... not lower than that....

Reaction score
hmhm.... but still i thnk that A* wud be till 90 or least 89... not lower than that....

Bus Allah Khair karay everyone did their best even blunders might be corrected(who knows) because they are human though and everyone on the result day, come back home, with their results, more than satisfied. IN SHAA ALLAH, AMEEN and best ov luck for math bio and phys :)

Reaction score
Bus Allah Khair karay everyone did their best even blunders might be corrected(who knows) because they are human though and everyone on result day come back home with their results more than satisfied. IN SHAA ALLAH, AMEEN and best ov luck for math bio and phys :)
Hmhmm... and thnxxx :)

Reaction score
No, they don't move randomly. Yes, you must have read that in physics that heat energy is transferred by random movement of electrons making them good thermal conductors. However, I believe this theory may not apply to chemistry according to the book. I may be wrong but I guess, the direction would be in one direction, better ask your teachers ;)

If it was heat the electrons would move in one direction... but the Question said electricity is passed through the kettle so that electricity passes through the resistive metal that is heating. So if electricity flows there must be conventional follow of positive charges... and the electrons in the other ... This was my analogy so I chose C as answer .. might this be correct.

Reaction score
How many subjects are u giving...??:confused::confused:....
I am giving 5 and til now i am hoping of getting atleast 3 A*, till now and 2 As.... Baqi ALLAH ki marxi... :)

i am giving 8 subjects 5 gone and 3 left and i had given 2 before got one A though my whole class got2 As and A*s :/ i am hoping to get 4 A*s 3 As and 1B but rest depends upon Allah :) ur rite bus i need these grades otherwise FSC :(

Reaction score
If it was heat the electrons would move in one direction... but the Question said electricity is passed through the kettle so that electricity passes through the resistive metal that is heating. So if electricity flows there must be conventional follow of positive charges... and the electrons in the other ... This was my analogy so I chose C as answer .. might this be correct.

positive charges never move its electrons that force them to change position

Reaction score
i
It was an electric kettle, n in a circuit electrons move in one direction only to carry the charge. Now that u have studies in physix as wel ;)
it wasnt really abt electricity conduction,was it? I think heating element was in the act....as the metal was heated up electons moved in both direction for the transfer of heat.....as we stdy in phy heat is transferred by atoms' vibrations as well as random movement of electrons......so it has to b right or???