• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry p22

Reaction score
hey to calculate enthalpy change(E=mcT) what volume did u use as mass 20 or 30 cm3
and what is the second structural formula 4 the first question(C2H4O2 molecular formula)

Reaction score
what was the answer for the enthaply change?? what mass were we suppose to take??

Reaction score
it was positive 189 something. What about you? And we were supposed to use thr volume that was 30

Reaction score
first structural formula had a carboxylic acid the other one had an ester..
umm i used 30cm but not really sure if i did it correctly..it was like 30*4.18*5.2(temp.change)

empirical form was ch2o

i messed up the last question. :/

Reaction score
alisattar7 said:
first structural formula had a carboxylic acid the other one had an ester..
umm i used 30cm but not really sure if i did it correctly..it was like 30*4.18*5.2(temp.change)

empirical form was ch2o

i messed up the last question. :/
yeah thats exactly how i did question 3. My empirical formula was wrong. That me
ans i must have done something wrong in the previoud parts. Oh btw which element did you write ?

Reaction score
I messed up the first question. I dont know if what i did was right.
For the very last organic question, howcome they were 3 steps? First step was sustitution of NH3 with OH group, and second step was oxidation of the aldehyde to Carboxylic acid. Can anyone tell me what I missed?

Reaction score
U should use volume 30cm3! refer 2 definition!
final answer is +79.0!
the other structure is methylmethanal! ester

Reaction score
u should expect this kind of paper since paper 4 lack calculation
n 189 is not the answer i hv got 62 i think

Reaction score
I got empirical formula CH20, molecular formula formula C3H6O3 and Mr was 59.9. Anyone got the same?? :unknown:

Reaction score
now can sum1 plz tell me wat the total mark was for the enthalpy question coz i messed it up! :S