• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry p22

Reaction score
thats correct got that too. mr was 59.9 round it to 60 to get molecular formula... as for the enthalpy thing i calculated the individual masses is it valid??

Reaction score
i did the same i calculated the mass :S i am not sure if its valid but will i get any mark by error carried forward?
and to convert the energy to KJ we had to divide it by 1000 right?

Reaction score
well what i did was, i multiplied heat capacity into 30 and change in temperature. My first delta T came positive so delta H would obviously be negative. How did you find delta H? And yes we had to divide by thousand.

Reaction score
i found out the no. of moles den multyplied it with Mr to find the mass and used dat in the formula :S i dunno y i did all that :S

Reaction score
reh2300 said:
i found out the no. of moles den multyplied it with Mr to find the mass and used dat in the formula :S i dunno y i did all that :S
HOW DID YOU FIND DELTA H?

Reaction score
for endothemic rxn we should take 15 cm^3 volume as 1 mol of hcl reacted with 1 mol of water...

Reaction score
Holy shit! i made a mistake in using the calculator and ended up with n=3. :oops: That's how many marks gone? :(

Reaction score
For last question : the compound needs to b reacted with HBr (which cud b obtain from NaBr and conc H2SO4) or any hallides .Then use NH3 in ethanol to substitute halogen. And lastly oxidise the intermediate with any oxidising agent... :)

Reaction score
hey guys wernt we supposed to multiply with the the mr ? To find delta H. Because there is a similar kind of question nov 03 and they found the delta H by multyplying with the mr.

Reaction score
lychee26 said:
hey guys wernt we supposed to multiply with the the mr ? To find delta H. Because there is a similar kind of question nov 03 and they found the delta H by multyplying with the mr.

yes, I did the same way... to find mass it's the most reasonable way
but I still not sure
however will it be ecf on that numb? " just in case it's wrong "

Reaction score
Hey, what do you mean by with ecf, max will only lose 1 or 2 marks? Whats ecf mean btw?