• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry p41: How'd it go peeps?

Reaction score
It was a paper testing basic stuff though there were some trick questions.:) I made a couple of mistakes (worth 5 marks) but I hope the threshold doesn't affect me.:cautious:

Reaction score
You guyss, were you all able to complete it within time or was it just me?! ;_;
I left like around 15 marks arraam se :cry:

Reaction score
Yeah it was
You guyss, were you all able to complete it within time or was it just me?! ;_;
I left like around 15 marks arraam se :cry:
Nah it's not just you. Most of the people in my center left at least one part question.

Reaction score
It was kinda easy but with some tricky questions :)
Yeah it was lengthy :)

Reaction score
24 hours passed.
Nice paper, overall :)
Only thing I lost a few marks due to silly mistakes. I guessed my way through the last question (or most of it, anyway)

Reaction score
The last question. What was the reason the shale gas gave less carbon dioxide? And how did you remove it?

Reaction score
The last question. What was the reason the shale gas gave less carbon dioxide? And how did you remove it?
I think it gave less CO_2 because it had a lower carbon composition? I mean, coal is basically carbon and the other fuel has long hydrocarbon chain.
For removal, I said you could pass it over an alkaline solution and (don't ask me why) due to their different condensation points. The second option should have been: "Bubble through limewater", I believe. How about you?
BTW, how did the Na2(SO4) affect the E value? I said it had no effect on any as it is just an spectator ion, but thinking back it probably had the common ion effect with the Ag, hence shifting its eq?