• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P42 Discussion

Reaction score
was ok.. the paper was kind of simple but just that did not get questions that was expecting.. like electrolysis, nmr, electrode potential.. :/

Reaction score
I was so pissed there was nothing about electrochemistry. Really? I knew that topic so well! SO SO WELL!

Reaction score
guys can u pm me some of the answers?? what will be the GT for A an B any guess??

Reaction score
and another thing, am i wrong or were there a lot of questions from the syllabus last year(AS)? I didn't do many past papers so i don't know if that usually happens or not.

Reaction score
Hmm, the GT is likely to be around 55 for a B, maybe 65-70 for an A, I think.
There was loads of shit from the AS, which sucks. Haven't studied that in really long. But manageable.
Hmm, overall the paper was easier than the last few times, but still tough.
There were a few really good ones though. Tough ones, i mean, lol.
Hmm, I lost maybe 3 marks or so, I guess...hoped for better, though.
Emily, which questions did you have in mind? :p

Reaction score
Guess paper was tough. Many things werenot from reactions esp organic
Also, the other parts were tough in sense they were NOT asked usually!

Gt be around 70 ???

Reaction score
the organic part, and the first question, the rate question.. any answer you remember

Reaction score
I lost about 25 marks as they werenot from anything I studied. Specially the types of polymers etc shit
AS SUCKED

Reaction score
I remember
First was bond length calculation
CL was more than BR and I couldnot work because of endothermic
RATe reaction was 8
And i dont know what to write for how to you expect to react CL with H2. I wrote in a closed vessel ????

Reaction score
Hassan01 said:
Guess paper was tough. Many things werenot from reactions esp organic
Also, the other parts were tough in sense they were NOT asked usually!

Gt be around 70 ???

70? no wayy! The grade boundaries i've looked at for previous years have all been between 50-65 max for an A, never 70. If it was 70, that would mean the exam must have been really really easy and that would be a first.

Reaction score
Hassan01 said:
I lost about 25 marks as they werenot from anything I studied. Specially the types of polymers etc shit
AS SUCKED

I agree! So much AS in this exam. To be honest our A2 exam is supposed to be about the A2 syllabus, not the AS syllabus. I do get that they ask AS questions in every exam but i never realised it was to this extent.. cause you would actually have to go back and revise a lot of things again. You can't really be expected to answer all these questions without going through them from last year. There was a lot of isomerism too.. Ah well.

Reaction score
lol i worte cl gas passed thorugh in a gas jar :S
and the paper was kinda unexpected :(

Reaction score
I wrote to measure the volume of gas released.. lol i have no idea why i said that, it's not even what the question is asking.

Reaction score
I got rate 8...and kc was abt 0.525.....for chlorine and hydrogen...i fnk we should pass chlorine over hydrogen in a closed vessel.. Obs : a white mist of hydrogen chloride will b formed...n a yellow powder??i gues...

Reaction score
dhatri2005 said:
I got rate 8...and kc was abt 0.525.....for chlorine and hydrogen...i fnk we should pass chlorine over hydrogen in a closed vessel.. Obs : a white mist of hydrogen chloride will b formed...n a yellow powder??i gues...
observation was for Bromine not for Chlorine :eek: