• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 1 Doubts!

Reaction score
Abdulrab said:
JUNE 08 !! Q 23, 26, 27, 30 AND 39

PLEASE SOLVE THEM !!! THNX I DONT HAV SCREEN SHOT OPTION

please solve them !! ill be thnkful to u guys
q 27 is D because it is unreactive to mild oxidising agents so the carbons of the double bond are both attached to a methyl grp which makes it less reactive

Reaction score
Abdulrab said:

q30 is C because for Y to react with ethanol in the presence of acid Y must be a carboxylic acid .. so in option C the carboxylic has six carbon atoms and the alcohol has 2 carbons .. if u get what i mean .. :p

Reaction score
Abdulrab said:

and 39 is B because
1st statement is correct as it cholestrol has a alcohol group .. so ester can be formed .
2nd statement is correct too because cholestrol has a Carbon double bond which will both be chiral when bromine is attached to them
3rd is wrong because aldehydes form when a primary alcohol is oxidised .. cholestrol has a secondary alcohol.

Reaction score
q 26 is C

DRAW DA STRUCTURE COOHCH2CH2COOH SO 1st END is OH n 4th CARBON END OH SO DIX IS DA ANSWER

i hope itx clear to u...:)

Reaction score
@sweetiepie
ur right .. i did it earlier but couldnt understand it now ..but thanks ..