• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 12 discussion!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
xIshtar said:
Did the question say the core, or outside of the cable?

honestly, i don`t remember

but what about the brass, copper and zinc thingy , what did u choose ?

Reaction score
u will never understand k say what u want to say i live in a petroleum country and i dont see yellow brown cables

Reaction score
Guys, I`m sure now, heat is not applied into the molten iron , as in my book, it says that the reaction is exothermic, and applying heat favours endothermic change :l

Reaction score
guys..

If the question mentions the word "core" then it means that aluminum is used as a conductor
If the question doesn`t mention the word "core" then it means that copper is used as a conductor

so.. does the question mention that word "core" :D

Reaction score
AhmedNES said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look at my link

firstly, I don`t know what`s the answer as I don`t remember if the question says "core"
secondly, I don`t say that u r wrong :)
just depending to what the question wants
the question wants the correct answer not correct chemistry

Reaction score
hey guys for the copper question wasnt it was the substation ........... i remember it was not overhead and also there was no core thing mentioned just cables :)

Reaction score
it requires both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! exam is chemistry so u need correct chemistry and answer :O:

Reaction score
brainiac said:
hey guys for the copper question wasnt it was the substation ........... i remember it was not overhead and also there was no core thing mentioned just cables :)

then it`s copper :)

Reaction score
Man see
Answer for the wire thing is for sure aluminium and platinum although I wrote copper instead
Answer for the iron thing is for sure lime, oxygen, heat all of them

Reaction score
Well, i wrote aluminium and platinum as well :eek:
what was the answer for the Brass question?