• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 12 discussion!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
what the ********************************************************************************************************************************** omg i will lay a egg if u dont wanna believe then thats it i am just ************************* up :evil: :evil:

Reaction score
did the question in the 1st place mention the word "core"

as both copper and aluminum are conductores BUT the only difference is that aluminum has a steel core

Reaction score
yup i wrote copper .......... firstly i was a little doubtfull about it as i also thought of aluminium but then i realised that there was no core thing mentioned and secondly as far as i remember it said substation means underground not over head ......... so i believe its copper ....:)

Reaction score
Keeemoman said:
Man see
Answer for the wire thing is for sure aluminium and platinum although I wrote copper instead
Answer for the iron thing is for sure lime, oxygen, heat all of them

I am very much sure that heat is not needed for steel making 8)

Reaction score
I remember Overhead cables was mentioned in the question so the answer will be Aluminium and platinum as it is an inert electrode.
and since when we use copper in the overhead cables even if it is good conductor of electricity. -.-

Reaction score
brainiac said:
yup i wrote copper .......... firstly i was a little doubtfull about it as i also thought of aluminium but then i realised that there was no core thing mentioned and secondly as far as i remember it said substation means underground not over head ......... so i believe its copper ....:)

EXACTLY :)

and what about the brass alloy , what option did u choose ?

Reaction score
My book says that aluminium is a good conductor of heat and electricity, but not as good as copper. And, it says that copper is one of the best conductors. So, the answer is obviously copper.

Reaction score
If it was overhead, it's aluminium, if underground, it could be copper.

Reaction score
moonlight22 said:
brainiac said:

i believe i chose the wrong answer for the brass question ............ well just wanted to ask was that dilute or concentrated HCL .... :( :( :( :( :(

Reaction score
brainiac said:
moonlight22 said:
brainiac said:

i believe i chose the wrong answer for the brass question ............ well just wanted to ask was that dilute or concentrated HCL .... :( :( :( :( :(

It was dilute.

Reaction score
HyDraZin3 said:
Keeemoman said:
Man see
Answer for the wire thing is for sure aluminium and platinum although I wrote copper instead
Answer for the iron thing is for sure lime, oxygen, heat all of them

I am very much sure that heat is not needed for steel making 8)

sorry bro but i also think that heat is needed for steel making ... as although it was an exothermic reaction it needs a small amount of heat energy for carbon and oxygen and lime and impurities to react

Reaction score
As far as I remember ... the 1st 2 options didn`t mention ACID

and "C" mentioned that all the alloy will dissolve in HCL which is WRONG because copper doesn`t dissolve
so "D" might be the correct response as only zing reacts with HCL

Reaction score
moonlight22 said:

and "C" mentioned that all the alloy will dissolve in HCL which is WRONG because copper doesn`t dissolve

Yaa, D is the answer :)

Reaction score
thank GOD .......... i also wrote D ....... iwas a little confused but phew

Reaction score
HyDraZin3 said:
moonlight22 said:

Yaa, D is the answer :)
:Yahoo!:
now gotta start revising for P3!