• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 12 discussion!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
The overhead cable IS aluminium. But i wrote copper as the Elesctrode. I think its wrong but as it SADI SCHOOL it cant be platinum. They wont be able to use it. And copper doesnt reach with HCL.
HEAT ISNT NEEDED FOR STEAL. They said IRON from BLAST furnace which is already hot so no heat. I checked with my teacher, I wrote statement 2 doesnt explain which is B. And only zinc Dissolves which is D. I think 1 or 2 mistakes maximum.

Reaction score
i wrote the same answers .. :D
wat abt the nitrate, sulphate and chloride question??

Reaction score
noooo but didn`t they mention barium and silver ??
barium --->sul;fate
silver --->chloride
...?

Reaction score
Its not analysis bro. You need the solubility table.
And yes Barium PRODUCES a precipitate in sulfate. And silver + chloride produce. Its to do with solubility

Reaction score
Outofideaz said:
Its D. Chloride, Nitrate, or Sulfate.
As, it may have silver sulfate, and barium nitrate. U get what I mean?

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
Outofideaz said:
Its D. Chloride, Nitrate, or Sulfate.
As, it may have silver sulfate, and barium nitrate. U get what I mean?

It's B, as my teacher confirmed this with me..

The green house one was P, Q and the other one, which had methane or CO2, I think I put C.

Reaction score
hey xlshtar wat was the green house question i cant remember properly ................

Reaction score
Heat isnt required. Google it. They said IRON FROM A BLAST FURNACE. i checked in my book. it says only CaO and O2 are needed. In an oxygen chamber, its already hot, and its an exothermic reaction, giving it heat would mean its endothermic wouldnt it, Wait the exam is over. Lets focus on paper 3 and leave the forum. What will it benefit us if we discuss it any longer.

Reaction score
Gunner1995 said:
Heat isnt required. Google it. They said IRON FROM A BLAST FURNACE. i checked in my book. it says only CaO and O2 are needed. In an oxygen chamber, its already hot, and its an exothermic reaction, giving it heat would mean its endothermic wouldnt it, Wait the exam is over. Lets focus on paper 3 and leave the forum. What will it benefit us if we discuss it any longer.

so wht was the ans to tht???
i did c which is wrong anyway!!!

Reaction score
respect1 said:
What did the constituent mean? in that petroleum question?? I wasnt sure so i think i checked methane :S

do u mean the main constituent of natural gas????
i think i did methane too!!