• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 2

egy

Reaction score
for the tempreature , catalyst and pressure . ????????????????
can some one answer

Reaction score
How did it go everyone?
Just wanna know whether the percentile's gonna be low or high

Do not discuss the paper guys!! 24 hours have not passed.

You will have ample time to discuss your anxious but fruitless queries wait till 10.30 am tomorrow.

Reaction score
T
The empirical formula was something like C6H8O7. Don't remember exactly.
And in the formation of methanol question, Le Chatelier's principle definitely had to be taken into account for temperature and pressure.
They had written in bold rate of formation of methanol.It had nothing to do with le chatleirs principle.It was simple:in each case it would increase.

Reaction score
T
They had written in bold rate of formation of methanol.It had nothing to do with le chatleirs principle.It was simple:in each case it would increase.
Er, le chatelier's principle talks about the change in concentration as you vary the pressure. They had clearly mentioned that we have talk about the change in the RATE OF THE REACTION as you change the temp/pressure etc. That was in bold too, if I remember. This was the trick in that question, i'll give a detailed answer tomorrow.

Anyway, more discussion in a few hours.

Reaction score
Er, le chatelier's principle talks about the change in concentration as you vary the pressure. They had clearly mentioned that we have talk about the change in the RATE OF THE REACTION as you change the temp/pressure etc. That was in bold too, if I remember. This was the trick in that question, i'll give a detailed answer tomorrow.

Anyway, more discussion in a few hours.
Oh boy u are overcomplicating it.

Reaction score
was there any question asking to draw a skeletal formula in the organic part ? and the hydrogen question in the organic section, did we have to calculate the number of moles or number of atoms ?

Reaction score
AlCl3 or Al2Cl6?
Does Aluminum chloride react with water or dissolve in it?
The period 3 chloride which burns with a colored flame is?
The organic question, do both the -COOH groups get converted to an ester group when they react with an alcohol?

Reaction score
AlCl3 or Al2Cl6?
Does Aluminum chloride react with water or dissolve in it?
The period 3 chloride which burns with a colored flame is?
The organic question, do both the -COOH groups get converted to an ester group when they react with an alcohol?
i gues is AlCl3..
mny sy its P..bt i wrte Na
jst flpd organic!!!:(