• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 2

Reaction score
well chemistry endorsed book says phosphorus as liquid.......... the latest edition book..... so just remembered this thing and quickly wrote phosphorus down without giving a second thought......... i hope its correct :D

Reaction score
i dont remember exactly...i think it was both ov em ;) cuz where ever there will be -OH it will react will all of the -COOH groups

Reaction score
Ahan, Im darn confused about that. What I drew was one -COOH group to ester group and the other remains.
This is what wiki says

" It hydrolyzes, producing maleic acid, cis-HOOC–CH=CH–COOH. With alcohols, the half-ester is generated, e.g., cis-HOOC–CH=CH–COOCH3."

^BIG RELIEF ! By it, they mean maleic anhydride which on hydrolysis produces the acid.

Reaction score
:( I don't know why I drew the displayed formula instead of skeletal for cis-trans isomerism. How many marks was that part? :(

Reaction score
well chemistry endorsed book says phosphorus as liquid.......... the latest edition book..... so just remembered this thing and quickly wrote phosphorus down without giving a second thought......... i hope its correct :D
Si an P both have chlorides that are volatile liquids, so both answers should be correct.

Reaction score
35 in P12, 53 in P22 and 16 in P33.........Will these marks in chemistry fetch me an A in AS?

Reaction score
Ohhh... for temperature and catalyst I didn't use that, but for pressure I used it BUT I wrote 2 answers for that, so I guess they will give me marks for that,
And btw, that emperical formula that we had to finddd...... what was that? I got C10H13O11
Hey I got C10H13O11 too!
It was hard finding the integral number right? then everything came out right on multiplication with 10?

Reaction score
guys if we have wrong answer for empirical formula
how many marks will we get for working?

Yeah you get 1 mark i saw in marks schemes you get it for the part where you work out the moles for each element provided they are right duhh!