• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry paper 4

Reaction score
i hope a lot of organic comes, thats the only thing im prepared for! what do u guys think will come ?

Reaction score
Maniizm said:
Hey how did u guys find the paper? =/
well...i did 41, and mmm..okeyy most of it was AS !!!!
i mean, where's transitionmetals? group 2 and ther stabilities? whereeeeeeeeeee was electrechemistry?
and what the **** was the question about Mg NITIRIDE???????????!!
people are saying that the app part was eaaasy..but as for me, the analytical part was horrible..( the biological and polymers stuff was straight forward)
i hoooopeee that the grade thresholds go as down as 58 for an A and 50 for a B..
if not,im definitely getting C/D.

Reaction score
yea, hope it goes down! suprisingly my Application part was easy!
i know right! transition metals and group 2 are like easy marks! pfft! =/
i did 42 however, so we had faradays constant., i found the polymer question hard! =? confusing!
but phenol question was good( if u had a phenol question in your paper).
i know right, im defo getting a C! how was ur grade in AS? and paper 5?

Reaction score
Maniizm said:
yea, hope it goes down! suprisingly my Application part was easy!
i know right! transition metals and group 2 are like easy marks! pfft! =/
i did 42 however, so we had faradays constant., i found the polymer question hard! =? confusing!
but phenol question was good( if u had a phenol question in your paper).
i know right, im defo getting a C! how was ur grade in AS? and paper 5?

ohhh in 41 half of it was AS.. and thee app was quite easy,like plymers easy stuff, enzymes stuff..and no, the thing is for our organic it was SOOO strange! there ere 3 questions, and one of it was 90% AS..like the reag and conditions of all compunds that had Chlorine and started from a non chlorine compund.. and no pehnols..just the tri-iodo test ...and 1 question was ALL OF CARBONYLS..straaaange lol

well i resat all my papers (AS + A2) and my P2 went quite well,like for a B minimum..the preactical i did it 2 days ago,and it was easy although i had MILLIONS of silly mistakes so lets have our fingers crossed xD and planning was also AS..tje decomposition of metal 2 carbonates and nitrates,and as i resta my AS it was not new for me as tyhere was no A2 therory in the planning.., and i have my P1 in 4 days!!!! What do u think the gt will be?

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.me/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7949

really? there was AS?
whoa, okay ..our organic(paper42), was like, phenol acidity compared with ethanol and water, then simple phenol reactions with NaOH etc etc, then this simple reaction where they as you to fill in the reagents and condition! this was easy, however, our polymer question was tough! eek! i spent alot more time on that than required! really hard!, but the rest of the application was easy, we had enzymes (easy, since i take bio A2 also), and then question on DNA fingerprinting ( again Bio), and last a small question on Bio leaching! peice of cake really!
The rest of the paper was okay, We had a whole question on Faradays constant, im never good at that so i found it hard! , but seriously, no question on group 2 or any AS!
There was Group 4 , just the usual, melting point and conductivity, and the usual for transition metals, about ligand substitutions~!
yea , it wasnt an easy paper and thankgod they increased the time! i needed it badly!
hope the threshold goes low! it wasnt easy! how was other peaple around you's reaction? hard easy? my side found it hard!

Reaction score
Maniizm said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7949

really? there was AS?
whoa, okay ..our organic(paper42), was like, phenol acidity compared with ethanol and water, then simple phenol reactions with NaOH etc etc, then this simple reaction where they as you to fill in the reagents and condition! this was easy, however, our polymer question was tough! eek! i spent alot more time on that than required! really hard!, but the rest of the application was easy, we had enzymes (easy, since i take bio A2 also), and then question on DNA fingerprinting ( again Bio), and last a small question on Bio leaching! peice of cake really!
The rest of the paper was okay, We had a whole question on Faradays constant, im never good at that so i found it hard! , but seriously, no question on group 2 or any AS!
There was Group 4 , just the usual, melting point and conductivity, and the usual for transition metals, about ligand substitutions~!
yea , it wasnt an easy paper and thankgod they increased the time! i needed it badly!
hope the threshold goes low! it wasnt easy! how was other peaple around you's reaction? hard easy? my side found it hard!

wow..so u really had like organic and inorganic A2 stuff...in our paper ther was NO inorganic..noooooooooothing and that where all the easy marks are cause u study it and thats it =( although there was something about oxidation numbers of period 3, and empirical formula..again,AS -.-
OH REAAALLLY?? im also taking bio A2... its the 1st of june!!! and i have only studied photsynthesis and respirration!!
we were only 5 taking the exam, and all of us agreed that it was not a difficult exam paper in general as the app part was easy ( but there was only one related bio A2 quiestion about enzymes which were like 10 easy peasy marks ) and Section A was only like veeeeeeeeeeeery strange..like dunno..strange...so we hope the gt will be around like 65-70. but ofcurse, that doesn't mean my exam went for an A ... may be score a 58 ..

Reaction score
wow..so u really had like organic and inorganic A2 stuff...in our paper ther was NO inorganic..noooooooooothing and that where all the easy marks are cause u study it and thats it =( although there was something about oxidation numbers of period 3, and empirical formula..again,AS -.-
OH REAAALLLY?? im also taking bio A2... its the 1st of june!!! and i have only studied photsynthesis and respirration!!
we were only 5 taking the exam, and all of us agreed that it was not a difficult exam paper in general as the app part was easy ( but there was only one related bio A2 quiestion about enzymes which were like 10 easy peasy marks ) and Section A was only like veeeeeeeeeeeery strange..like dunno..strange...so we hope the gt will be around like 65-70. but ofcurse, that doesn't mean my exam went for an A ... may be score a 58 ..

Okay, m glad i wasnt sitting ur paper, cuz ive forgotten half the AS! yea hope the threshold is low! waaaay low, im scoring about 50-60 also!
im my batch theres like 2 of us for bio A2 ( yea, nobody really likes bio in my school! )
AND YEA! OMG! SAME! i had this whole thing planned out cuz like i had a break of 6 days, and in the end , i just ended up completing respiration and Photosynthesis, im trying to complete most of them today, so tomoro i can practise past papers! LOL!
goodluck for bio, its my last paper btw, so i have completely lost the whole "study study'' attitude, im soooo lazy now!
hope bio p4 is easy!
somebody in another post had written that the long questions will be about neruons or plant hormones! i hope so, cuz i've studied the crap outa photosynthesis and respiration! =P HAHA! goodluck, we both should get a move on now! goodluck! =)