• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Paper 61

how was it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
hw come temp rise will increase?? :/ i think it will decrease since it is a good conductor of heat so heat will be lost to the surroundings :/!!

Reaction score
It was single displacement, and for the steel quesion, do we need to measure masses? cant we like just see and tell? because I did not mention masses how many marks would I lose for that out of 7?

Reaction score
ok for the second graph my plots were all correct but my line is wrong and my value is correct 14cm3 ,how much can I get here out of 7 marks
I don't know. You might get plotting and reading marks correct. but not for the connecting and 2 STRAIGHT LINES. the next question depends on your graph, you should get a value between 13 and 14.

Reaction score
and for the steel quesion, do we need to measure masses? cant we like just see and tell? because I did not mention masses how many marks would I lose for that out of 7?

Reaction score
is chromatography a correct answer?? :/ since those crystals r soluble in a solvent which was given!

Reaction score
I don't know. You might get plotting and reading marks correct. but not for the connecting and 2 STRAIGHT LINES. the next question depends on your graph, you should get a value between 13 and 14.
I joined first straight line correct and found value of 14cm3 but my second line isn't correct

Reaction score
is chromatography a correct answer?? :/ since those crystals r soluble in a solvent which was given!
Melting point is more appropriate. Can you do Chromatography for your table salt? Plus it's solid. Chromatography basically for solutions.