• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry post your doubts here

Reaction score
feel free to ask anything(y)

In chem ATP there was a mcq with 4 test tubes with a metal strip in it and the test tubes contained aq solutions of MgSO4, CuSO4, NaSO4 , ZnSO4 ... it asked that in which 2 test tubes will there will be a deposit on metal strip ??

pls tell the answer and explain as well

Reaction score
In chem ATP there was a mcq with 4 test tubes with a metal strip in it and the test tubes contained aq solutions of MgSO4, CuSO4, NaSO4 , ZnSO4 ... it asked that in which 2 test tubes will there will be a deposit on metal strip ??

i don't exactly remember what metal strip was in it. but the answer was the test tubes I and IV that i remember. why?? don't ask me cuz i don't remember anymore . sorry *shrugs*

Reaction score

it was cu and zinc one as it is difficult to displace Mg and Na as the are high in reactivity series and are really stable

Reaction score

its copper and zinc and I think It was I and IV

Reaction score
btw guys can anyone help me with the combustion equations ???? balancing dem ?? plz ?? of alkanes alkenes alcohols ?? dey r tough :eek:

Reaction score

The answer was 1 and 4, zinc and copper. It's because a precipitate would only form in the solution if the metal x being placed in the solution displaces the metal already present in the solution. Since more reactive metals displace less reactive, copper and zinc were displaced. It would be impossible for a metal to displace sodium and magnesium but not copper and zinc. Look up the reactivity series.