• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
1st one is Na metal
2nd one is Not possible
3rd one is Na2CO3 or NaHCO3!
Okay people. Just a little confusion I've got left.
Could you guys let me know all the reagents that'd give each of 1, 2 and 3. Also, let me know if any of the 3 is not possible.

10313813_10152187404178621_6746824007007303341_n.jpg

Namehere Suchal Riaz

Reaction score
What about nmr spectroscopy in A2? Like, should I be memorising the Peaks at certain chmical shifts?
you dont have to memorize the chemical shifts as you will be provided with the data booklet which includes the data of the groups and their respective chemical shifts. What you must know are the ratio of the peaks of Br and Cl.

Reaction score
I see. But my problem was primarily NaOH.

Which one of them would form?

Why not? You're one of the few that I've seen here with a really, really strong grasp on concepts

Well, thank you! That´s only cuz I like chemistry though! :p

Reaction score
Well, thank you! That´s only cuz I like chemistry though! :p

Hahh. Same here. I fear what awaits in Math and Physics for me. I have yet to read a word of Physics Applications + I'm not too fond of P3 + I don't know normal distribution. :[
I would, instead of doing the aforementioned, spend more time reading on absolutely useless topics of Chem going into details and subtend beyond the A Level syllabus and often attend online classes of uni courses of chem hah.

Reaction score
Hahh. Same here. I fear what awaits in Math and Physics for me. I have yet to read a word of Physics Applications + I'm not too fond of P3 + I don't know normal distribution. :[
I would, instead of doing the aforementioned, spend more time reading on absolutely useless topics of Chem going into details and subtend beyond the A Level syllabus and often attend online classes of uni courses of chem hah.

WOW, are you actually a replica of me!!??

Reaction score
Guys pls help in the following question regarding partition coefficients. I cant understand the mark scheme at all :cry:
The question Question.PNG
and the answer are attached Answer.PNG

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Chemistry (9701)/9701_s10_qp_22.pdf
For 3 part c (i) how do you find the pH? I got the equation Na2O + H2O -> 2NaOH but i have no idea how to get the pH of NaoH ? Would i have to guess based on whether the solution is a acid or a base?

Umm. What is NaOH and can it even have a ph < 7. Think, my dear Watson, think. Even a first year OLevels student knows the pH of NaOH as I'm sure do you.