• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry pp ( 31) grade thresholds ..

Reaction score
I got the graph as a straight line, all points were close to it and it passed through the origin. Concentration of iodine was 0.0005. The time in the last part (g) was 73s.

For salt analysis:
FA5 was Copper(II)Chloride
FA6 was NaOH
FA7 was Lead ion
FA8 was Chromate ion
FA9 was Sulfate ion (SO4)
woohhoo!! got all of them right! :cool:

Reaction score
Hi ppl .... wat if some1 makes a wrong observation and deduces the salt according to their own observation ???? Do they get the error carried forward mark

Reaction score
guys can u help me out...i mean how did u find the paper ...was it similar to the past papers..any deductions...that how should one practice for the practicals???

Reaction score
guys can u help me out...i mean how did u find the paper ...was it similar to the past papers..any deductions...that how should one practice for the practicals???
This chemistry paper was way too similar to M/J 07 v2. In order to practice for these nerve-wracking practical exams, you might like to go through some past papers and visualize yourself doing the practical. But if you didn't miss your lab classes, it wouldn't be much of a problem. And of course, you must check the mark schemes. Be careful about significant figures, line of best fit, choosing an appropriate scale for plotting results etc. One last thing, when you get the paper, don't such rush it out---understand the question and then put your best foot forward. Plus, do check out the examiner tips on the cie website. Sorry if I sound too preachy! Good Luck...

Reaction score
This chemistry paper was way too similar to M/J 07 v2. In order to practice for these nerve-wracking practical exams, you might like to go through some past papers and visualize yourself doing the practical. But if you didn't miss your lab classes, it wouldn't be much of a problem. And of course, you must check the mark schemes. Be careful about significant figures, line of best fit, choosing an appropriate scale for plotting results etc. One last thing, when you get the paper, don't such rush it out---understand the question and then put your best foot forward. Plus, do check out the examiner tips on the cie website. Sorry if I sound too preachy! Good Luck...
they certainly are nerve-wracking...u ve used the right word!!!.....thanx fr replying....i ll keep everything in mind...ths means a lot to me tht u hav considered my problem...plus u hv recently been through ths so ur guidance matters a lot!!:).....can u plx post the link to those tips..