• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chinese Girl's in XPF (*^__^*) 嘻嘻……

Reaction score
Well, I think this forum is interesting and people here can tell me many cultural differences between countries. To talk with people from different countries and culture is great!!!

So I have made my decision to write something about life , customs, society and people in China, as well as my personal emotion and ideas.
I will try to write something new every one or two days. I wish my description can show the life about an ordinary Chinese girl to friends in other countries.

By the way, I hope you can tell me about your life in your country, and the culture ,customs ,traditional festivals, and so on. You know, I'm so curious about the life styles and culture in countries near or far from mine.

2011/09/01
:Yahoo!:
Yeah, I'm a Chinese girl living in PRC, and I am a student in university.

And my hometown is in east China, where is full of lakes and rivers and is called to be " a land of fish and rice". The climate here is mild and moist all the year round, although in winter the temperature is below 0 degree Celsius several times. There is a variety of trees and bushes. In my university, there are several forestries and gardens, where may birds and cats appear regularly.

I eat rice everyday and sometimes noodles, and vegetables take a important place in my meals .I like meat, especially beef and chicken.

I haven't gone to other countries yet, but I am curious about the different lives styles in other countries. I want to know more about the world and people ,and want to make friends from people all over the world.

So would you like to be a friend to me? Could you tell me what your life and your country are like, and give me some interesting descriptions of your customs?
:Bravo:

2011/09/02
So happy to find some people's replies !

One told me about the life and customs in Pakistan, and it surprised me a lot. In my country, the TV station seldom show the life in West Asia , Arab, or Africa. There is not enough introduction about the richness and peace of the countries in West Asia or Arab to help me build a right and proper view of the lives and social conditions in those countries.

Before someone told me they also have delicious food and different kinds of fruits in Pakistan, I used to think the Pakistanis eat pastry everyday and don't have enough fruit to eat. I used to think the Pakistan maybe seclude the country to the outside world because I had never seen any Pakistanis in China.
But now I admit that this view and the imagine are wrong. Pakistan is a good country and abundant in materials...

About the Religion:
There are muslims in China, but many Chinese are not religious believers. We have Buddhism , Taoism, Islam and Christian. It is our habits and tradition to show respect to god or goddess, whatever the religion he or she belongs. When we climb mountains ,we can easily find a temple of Buddhism or Taoism. At that time, nearly every Chinese will go to the temple and show their respect to the god or goddess, even though they are not believers.

In my opinion, most traditions and customs are about the ancestors, but not involved in the religion. Most of the festivals in China are related to the ancestor worship.

For example, the day before Spring Festival , the most important traditional festival for Chinese all over the world, each family will hold the ancestor worship ceremony in their family. Members of a family must Kowtow to their ancestors' memorial tablets or pictures or incense to their ancestors.

The Mid moon Festival, on September 12th this year, is also a traditional festival. On that day, family members share mooncakes, a kind of round cake with different tastes of fillings inside (such as red beans, peanuts, eggs, lotus seeds, salty meat, etc). This festival is a time for a family to reunite and get together to have joys and funs. But before we eat the mooncakes, we should sacrifice them to our ancestors and the moon first. After several steps of sacrifice, we can eat mooncakes and many other dishes, and it is a big meal! :friends:

I'm not a religion believer, and sometimes I think about why I'm not a believer, but unfortunately I don't have the answer. Maybe that's because my parents are not believers . Or maybe the ancestors position is more important than the god or goddess in our ideas. Maybe most Chinese people are not believers ,so I am not a believer...

But it doesn't matters. :Bravo: Anyway, I respect every god or goddess in any religion although I am not among the followers.

Reaction score
Re: Chinese Girl's curiosity about the Muslims' life!

yea. sure we will be good friends. just pm me :D

R

rockincrew

ok wat about every one write wat he/she knows about a particular country..

we can begin with pakistan cuz loads of pakis r in xpf....

R

rockincrew

i am not paki but i knw

it is in asia just like china
their people are mostly kind..
most are muslims,

Reaction score

m Pakistani too........... :)

Pakistan is in Asia......neighbor of china.............and has a port too at Karachi............it has varied weather........like hot and cold areas.......Norths are mostly cold but south may be hot....we have many different kinds of fruits like mangoes,almonds,apricots,bananas,oranges, dates, almonds, and many more........97 % people or more are Muslims.........

just pm me :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

I am a Pakistani and a Muslim too :D
Today, we're celebrating Eid which comes after the Islamic Holy Month of Ramadan. It's marked by Family reunions and other festivities (getting ready with the best outfit etc).
Talk about customs, we have awesome customs! :D
. . okay so, to a typical Chinese, a dinner/Lunch would mean three dishes and a bowl of rice, but here in my country, you'd find naans (local bread), biryani (the most popular rice dish), Paratha (some oil-dripping bread) and many other famous dishes. We are famous for our dishes. Really :D Pakistani cuisines are the best around the globe!
We eat 'Mithai' (local dessert) at special occasions like Eid, wedding etc :D :D Another custom :D
Please don't you ever believe in the stereotype-version of Pakistan that the media portrays. We Pakistanis are very optimistic :D
We play Cricket a lot. Though, I personally love football :D
And a fact: hospitality is in our genes :D

You can say 'Shukriya' to me in your post ( means 'thank you' in our local language: Urdu) :D
P.S We don't use chopsticks to eat ;) and zhongwa fe zheng hao ;)

Reaction score

alisonqian said:
:Yahoo!:
Yeah, I'm a Chinese girl living in PRC, and I am a student in university.

And my hometown is in east China, where is full of lakes and rivers and is called to be " a land of fish and rice". The climate here is mild and moist all the year round, although in winter the temperature is below 0 degree Celsius several times. There is a variety of trees and bushes. In my university, there are several forestries and gardens, where may birds and cats appear regularly.

I eat rice everyday and sometimes noodles, and vegetables take a important place in my meals .I like meat, especially beef and chicken.

I haven't gone to other countries yet, but I am curious about the different lives styles in other countries. I want to know more about the world and people ,and want to make friends from people all over the world.

So would you like to be a friend to me? Could you tell me what your life and your country are like, and give me some interesting descriptions of your customs?
:Bravo:

And u know as a matter of fact............some of our pakistanis even resemble chinese............. :)

Reaction score

I'm not sure whether Pakistanis resemble Chinese or not, because I haven't met any Pakistanis. I have seen some Indians in the street, and I think they look different from our Chinese. Their skins are darker and the faces look quite different .

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Dear alisongian,
I read your PM and it was really great. But you should have posted all that here instead. I will try to give other details about my country and religion soon :D
Plus, just make new posts, instead of just editing your first post over and over.

Reaction score
Nibz said:
Dear alisongian,
I read your PM and it was really great. But you should have posted all that here instead. I will try to give other details about my country and religion soon :D
Plus, just make new posts, instead of just editing your first post over and over.

Ok, I will do as you recommended.
:good:

Reaction score
I really liked this topic ! !its so cool alisonqian...Keep it up !! :D Great work and worth-appreciating effort !! :)

Reaction score
Ghalya001 said:
I really liked this topic ! !its so cool alisongian...Keep it up !! :D Great work and worth-appreciating effort !! :)

Thank you for your appreciation. However, I have to say, my ID is alisonqian, Alison is my English name, and Qian is my family name :cry:

Don't mistake it again, OK? :friends:

Reaction score
^^ :oops: Oops! My bad Alison, Actually it was underlined and so i misread it as g and not q !! Sure i'd keep that in view from next tym... For now, i'm editing my post !! :)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
alisonqian said:
I'm not a religion believer, and sometimes I think about why I'm not a believer, but unfortunately I don't have the answer. Maybe that's because my parents are not believers . Or maybe the ancestors position is more important than the god or goddess in our ideas. Maybe most Chinese people are not believers ,so I am not a believer...

But it doesn't matters. :Bravo: Anyway, I respect every god or goddess in any religion although I am not among the followers.

You don't believe in a religion? That's hard to imagine for me... For some reason I find peace in worshiping my creator.. We muslims believe in only one God named Allah who created everything and runs the world and is perfect.. I used to wonder if God is perfect how come world has injustice in it.. then I found the answer in Quran(holy book of muslims) it's because this world is to test the people and those who do injustice are punished and those doing good are rewarded...
To get peace of heart we muslims pray 5 times a day... in it we do specific actions(like bowing, prostration etc..) reciting prayers and portions from the quran(in arabic)..

Anyways here's the translation of my favorite prayer:
"Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds, (1) The Beneficent, the Merciful. (2) Owner of the Day of Judgment, (3) You (alone) we worship; You (alone) we ask for help. (4) Show us the straight path, (5) The path of those whom You have favoured. (6) Not (the path) of those who earn Your anger nor of those who go astray. (7)"

If you like any prayer in our tradition etc, do share..

P.S muslim believe Quran to be word of God..