• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Choice of subjects??

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!
I would like to know how many subjects shuld we take for Alvels!Is it a good option to take Bio,chemistry,physics and maths?And do i need to take english?I wanna apply for medical InshAllah!
JazakAllahKhair

Reaction score
thats not a difficult combination at all .. i had the same .. i recommend u dont take english ... if ur english is not good enough , just read books and make a general effort to improve it at home . if ur main target is only bio u could drop math but i highly recommend u keep math , since pakistan mein a levels walon ka medical scene itna acha nai .. trust me even though they have now made a separate mcat exam for alevels ... they have not thought it out well .. the 40 mcqs we do in 60 min in alevel .. wohi alevel ques agay 220 mcqs in 150 mins. fsc walon kay test mein ratta hota hai wo aik min mein question ker key agay pohanch jatay hain ..

Reaction score
well i think u have the best combination!
nearly all ur fields are open (for further studies in pak)

Reaction score
yeah if you get these 4 subjects then it's the best your chice would be open , you could either get into medical field or into enginering field
so dont put a burden on yourself by taking another subject :)

Reaction score
i m inn the same condition.i have also to do med nd want to take bio math both.will i hav to do one of these privately cos nt all da skools offer both at the same time?

Reaction score
i get 2 do only 4 subz in school so i chose all 3 science subz and math. but m doin english privately 2. and i wanna becum a chemical engineer. so just choose all u want 2 do accordin 2 ur future plans and capabilities.

Reaction score
you have a combination which can open u almost every field, except of a few. Go for it. If possible u can opt for English/Thinking skills . This will help u in the preparation of entry tests. Otherwise, u have a perfect combo