• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chrmistry Paper 1 IGCSE oct/nov 13 Discussion + Poll

What marks you expect?

• Full 40

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 35-39

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • 30-35

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • 27-30

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 24-27

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-24

• R.I.P(ed) :p

• Total voters
Reaction score
what did u guys write for the one about concentrated NaCl and litmus solution electrolysis?

Reaction score
i am not sure what the que was.... can u please explain a little bit more of the que, what it was? :)

the question about electrolysis of Concentrated NaCl and the color of litmus paper at each electrode i think it was C
Red at the anode and colorless at the cathode

Reaction score
the question about electrolysis of Concentrated NaCl and the color of litmus paper at each electrode i think it was C

OMG... I guess u effed it up!! :p chlorine forms at anode so colourless at ANODE but BLUE color at cathode ;)

Reaction score

oohhh sorry bro u made a mistake.. qasimnisar is right i think

Reaction score
OMG... I guess u effed it up!! :p chlorine forms at anode so colourless at ANODE but BLUE color at cathode ;)
The question was about the color of the litmus paper not the color of the gas so it was blue at the anode since chlorine turns damp red litmus paper blue after it bleaches and colorless at the cathode because hydrogen forms so no change

Reaction score
The question was about the color of the litmus paper not the color of the gas so it was blue at the anode since chlorine turns damp red litmus paper blue after it bleaches and colorless at the cathode because hydrogen forms so no change

but chlorine does not turn damp litmus paper blue :/ it de-colorizes it

Reaction score
Guys which reaction doesnt produce co2? Some people wrote femrmentation but I check and it does produce co2 what did u choose?

Reaction score
Guys which reaction doesnt produce co2? Some people wrote femrmentation but I check and it does produce co2 what did u choose?

was this the one with combustion of hydrogen? if so.. i chose the one with hydrogen

Reaction score
The electrolysis one was COLORLESS at ANODE & BLUE at CATHODE.
And for where CO2 is not produced was HEATING OF LIME.

Can anyone tell me what was question 3 answer, about chromatography thingy about X & Y?
And which pollunt air is NOT formed while buring coal in power stations?
And which metal was it that had something like 1410 melting point & it's most of compound are green?

Reaction score

Can anyone tell me what was question 3 answer, about chromatography thingy about X & Y?
And which metal was it that had something like 1410 melting point & it's most of compound are green?

Yes for X & Y this is a repeated question ( check october/november 2008 Question 4) the correct answer is A.

for the metal i got nickel which is the correct answer...

Reaction score

i chose nitrogen dioxide not 100% sure its correct though..

Reaction score
It was D it has came in a past papers prolly mayjune 2009 papr 1 :0