• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Cie Grading System

Reaction score
There are rumours of grading system change in CIE. U grade is dismissed and A= 70 or above and A*= 80 or above. Does anyone knows what is the actual scene?

Reaction score
• A candidate who obtains…
… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A* obtains a percentage uniform mark of 90%.
… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade A obtains a percentage uniform mark of 80%.
… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade B obtains a percentage uniform mark of 70%.
… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade C obtains a percentage uniform mark of 60%.
… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade D obtains a percentage uniform mark of 50%.
… the minimum mark necessary for a Grade E obtains a percentage uniform mark of 40%.
… no marks receives a percentage uniform mark of 0%.

Reaction score
There are rumours of grading system change in CIE. U grade is dismissed and A= 70 or above and A*= 80 or above. Does anyone knows what is the actual scene?
I never heard of this, might be a rumor dude. you don't want to believe in things like this just concentrate on your papers

Reaction score
I HEARD THAT TOO, INFACT I HEARD FROM SIR JUNAID AKHTER 2 DAYS BEFORE THAT PAKISTAN STUDIES HAS AN A GRADE ABOVE 75
BUT HE IS ALSO YET NOT CONFIRMED

Reaction score
I wishh..we'd all get A*'s if that was the case..:D But its freaky..all our papers have been easy comparatively..right?.

Reaction score
nah last year it was 95 now it 90% for A*
hell no..its almost right grade Boundries have come indeed very low...ors and Edexcels Pakstd and comp are same. with same mark scheme and grade boundris.. for them its 79% A*.. and this odays Bio paper according to many had 69 A.. in chem paper 1. the A is on 60 % but in ATPs both phy and chem.. its on 95% or so..phy paper 2 has 75 A..

Reaction score

please share things with evidence and dont just share things that would cause problems..:)
its good for your own image..:D

Reaction score
grade boundaries may change for language subjects, but for all the other subjects it wont. not in cie o levels atleast, but in cie igcse it changes year to year.