• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE online results - order of syllabuses (and a logical analysis)

Reaction score
Here are my CIE online results :
before10.png

{(a) is the highest grade achievable in an AS syllabus, but its lower band is equivalent to any a grade in IGCSE or AL where a is not the highest grade.}

I know that the IGCSE syllabuses are displayed in ascending order of mark (percentage uniform mark).
But, I want to know whether the results shown mean that the mathematics' mark ,which is an AS syllabus, is lower than the English mark or is it that A/AS syllabuses are always grouped and precede the IGCSE syllabuses in the online results??
please help!

to prove any of the two cases:
1- If you have an IGCSE syllabus on top of an A/AS syllabus, this proves the first case.
2- If you have an A/AS syllabus of higher grade on top of an IGCSE syllabus of lower grade, this proves the second case. (an exception: AS with grade (a) on top of IGCSE with grade (a*) doesn't prove this, as (a) is the highest grade in AS).
3- If you have several A/AS syllabus and all are grouped on top of one or more IGCSEs, this makes the second case almost certain.

If you found any one of the proofs above or you know the actual case please post your comment and with some details.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here are my CIE online results :
before10.png

{(a) is the highest grade achievable in an AS syllabus, but its lower band is equivalent to any a grade in IGCSE or AL where a is not the highest grade.}

I know that the IGCSE syllabuses are displayed in ascending order of mark (percentage uniform mark).
But, I want to know whether the results shown mean that the mathematics' mark ,which is an AS syllabus, is lower than the English mark or is it that A/AS syllabuses are always grouped and precede the IGCSE syllabuses in the online results??
please help!

to prove any of the two cases:
1- If you have an IGCSE syllabus on top of an A/AS syllabus, this proves the first case.
2- If you have an A/AS syllabus of higher grade on top of an IGCSE syllabus of lower grade, this proves the second case. (an exception: AS with grade (a) on top of IGCSE with grade (a*) doesn't prove this, as (a) is the highest grade in AS).
3- If you have several A/AS syllabus and all are grouped on top of one or more IGCSEs, this makes the second case almost certain.

If you found any one of the proofs above or you know the actual case please post your comment and with some details.

Congratulati0ns on the A* in ICT and Chemistry !!! And a high-five on maths...btw u have to tell me how can i do well for maths...i got a b this nov...and will redo AS with A2...sorry i cant answer any of ur questions.