• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Complete AS PSYCHOLOGY notes..

Reaction score
Hey! Can you tell me if these notes are according to 2014 psych syllabus?
Im giving AS psychology paper privately in november and im really worried cuz i havent even started studying yet. :/
Giving papers in Nov and dont know the syllabus... You might be insane :X3:... So plz do check syllabus and rest assure they are according to 2014 syllabus....

Reaction score
Hey buddy !! The notes u have posted in this thread are this all we need to ace Alevel psychology ???
I will be done with my cambridge As by this June...
And i wanna take psychology i am interested to give As and A2 together all at once....
Next year !
So what notes do i need it will be helpful if u post any direct link of all the notes together Like in mediafire..
ANd there is no teacher in our country for this subject neither any books avaliable so what souce of material would i need !! HELP ME OUT !!
THANKS

Reaction score
Notes are not enough..... They are only eligible if you have background knowledge so u can surely give ur papers in 1 year but u really have to study,search and work hard.... I might be weak in psychology so my advices will not be that reliable but InshAllah I will try to guide u as much as I can....

Reaction score
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MAY ALLAH PROTECT YOU FROM ANY HARM AND BRING ALL YOUR WISHES TRUE. I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERY WHERE FOR THESE NOTES THANKS ALOT.
I'm doing Psychology alone totally and I have no friends who are taking it, do you think I can pass it alone? Also is there a way I can contact you so if I need help since you've done it already? :):):):):):):)

Salam ,im so going to be in the same situationa as you ,i dont have a pyschology teacher nor any friends taking the subject ,so if you could pls give me some advice on how you manged the subject and what books you studied from and how long did it took you to complete the as syllabus .Moreover ,if there any tips at all pls do share !
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I had Psychology in my A levels and believe me it is a subject one should not miss no matter what. It teaches you more than you can imagine. I was blessed with an A* Alhumdulillah. :)
I studied AS in 6 days actually and since I had immense interest in the subject, got A in it. A2 is even more interesting. I have been teaching psychology as well for a while. So if any one needs any suggestions regarding the subject, feel free to inbox me. :) And if any of you are in Karachi, I'd love to teach you Psych. :)

Remember, Psych may seem dry or too lengthy if you dont have a good enough teacher or if you can't see whats beyond the syllabus. It is an amazing subject and I've learnt more from it than any other subject ever. Do give it a shot, even if you dont get A*'s, you'll learn how humans and this world functions.

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I had Psychology in my A levels and believe me it is a subject one should not miss no matter what. It teaches you more than you can imagine. I was blessed with an A* Alhumdulillah. :)
I studied AS in 6 days actually and since I had immense interest in the subject, got A in it. A2 is even more interesting. I have been teaching psychology as well for a while. So if any one needs any suggestions regarding the subject, feel free to inbox me. :) And if any of you are in Karachi, I'd love to teach you Psych. :)

Remember, Psych may seem dry or too lengthy if you dont have a good enough teacher or if you can't see whats beyond the syllabus. It is an amazing subject and I've learnt more from it than any other subject ever. Do give it a shot, even if you dont get A*'s, you'll learn how humans and this world functions.
MashaAllah yar.... Seriuouly if I have had same passion as you I would have had scored the A* but still.. Keep on guiding the people (y) For u!!

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Please help me as i am facing the following problems:
1.which book?i have revision guide and answers booklet.teacher gives us presentations made by using internet.They include points.I dont know whether this will be enough especially for abnormal and education psychology?I have seen good answers in answers booklet sometimes for some topics i match their standard but not much of the times.Where to get in depth knowledge about things included in revision guide.we mostly use it .

2.For some questions in paper 1 which are worth 2 or 4 marks, it is difficult to get right information e.g. sometimes they ask some very specific questions.Where to get the right info?Do i need to read actual studies in fat book?

3.Alternative study and section c in abnormal psychology.how to make a good study or experiment to get high marks?

4.key to good answers is? for essay based questions.

5.can i contact you via mobile number? so that i can discuss more.am in lahore.

Your help will be a blessing.

Reaction score
Please help me as i am facing the following problems:
1.which book?i have revision guide and answers booklet.teacher gives us presentations made by using internet.They include points.I dont know whether this will be enough especially for abnormal and education psychology?I have seen good answers in answers booklet sometimes for some topics i match their standard but not much of the times.Where to get in depth knowledge about things included in revision guide.we mostly use it .

2.For some questions in paper 1 which are worth 2 or 4 marks, it is difficult to get right information e.g. sometimes they ask some very specific questions.Where to get the right info?Do i need to read actual studies in fat book?

3.Alternative study and section c in abnormal psychology.how to make a good study or experiment to get high marks?

4.key to good answers is? for essay based questions.

5.can i contact you via mobile number? so that i can discuss more.am in lahore.

Your help will be a blessing.
U there?

Reaction score
Yes i regularly used to check for your reply.Thank God that you replied.Please kindly help me.
Ok dear, the things you need to consider!
For part 1 and 2: In your paper 3 make your own notes according to the syllabus content provided through all the reliable source you have. For each part write atleast 4 to 5 points. It is all about how much you can memorise and and write effectively about. Once you are done with that try to practice answer writing. Yes you have to read boring actual studies in book and on the net. For the 2 and 4 marks answer, you need to describe each word first then gives it's advantage and disadvantages.

For part 3: In your alternative study, think about sample( ethnocentric, size etc), sample collection method(advertisement), Experimental technique( Match pair design, natural observation etc), methods to increase reliability and validity, ethical issues( deception) , findings( Validity etc) and others. Only mention those points which u can elaborate in the second part easily and always include well balanced pros and cones,It should be greater than the first part.

Part 4: For good essay based answer, include all the points in syllabus contents as much as you can. Follow the proper structure as well as writing techniques.

Part 5: yeah sure you can contact me.

Reaction score
Thanks but
Ok dear, the things you need to consider!
For part 1 and 2: In your paper 3 make your own notes according to the syllabus content provided through all the reliable source you have. For each part write atleast 4 to 5 points. It is all about how much you can memorise and and write effectively about. Once you are done with that try to practice answer writing. Yes you have to read boring actual studies in book and on the net. For the 2 and 4 marks answer, you need to describe each word first then gives it's advantage and disadvantages.

For part 3: In your alternative study, think about sample( ethnocentric, size etc), sample collection method(advertisement), Experimental technique( Match pair design, natural observation etc), methods to increase reliability and validity, ethical issues( deception) , findings( Validity etc) and others. Only mention those points which u can elaborate in the second part easily and always include well balanced pros and cones,It should be greater than the first part.

Part 4: For good essay based answer, include all the points in syllabus contents as much as you can. Follow the proper structure as well as writing techniques.

Part 5: yeah sure you can contact me.
i did nt understand, "For the 2 and 4 marks answer, you need to describe each word first then gives it's advantage and disadvantages." and also how can i include ethical issues in my study directly because its the part of evaluation not designing ?Shall i intentinaaly design in away so to raise such issues?thanks a lot btw.thank you !

Reaction score
Yes you have to describe each term and then elaborate them according to advantages and disadvantages or any such way;Yes you have to intentionally design a study with both pros and cones and then evaluate it in second part.. :)