• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer as career ????

Reaction score
I am very good at Computer Studies and also a sort of an expert in software usage....
My question is that if I choose Computer .i.e Software Engineering , Developer etc then what's the scope of it in Pakistan especially when I would be doing job !!
If I opt AICT or Computing in A-level then what further lines would be opened for me ?
Kindly give me a satisfactory answer for both questions :)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
M not in the industry to tell u abt scope right now.. but there used to be.. ofcouse benifit of software engg is he can do free lance work quite eaisly.. so if you can excell at it, i think, scope is not a thing to worry abt that much..
computer in a levels is considered a soft option also you can get eaisly in the FAST university using phy+maths etc in a levels.. so coputr is not req as such for uni admission... rest is up to u n ur interests...

Reaction score
What about electrical engineering and computing science? What requirements would they include? Design of microprocessors, robots?

I think software security is the best option. Lets say penetration testers, hackers? They are found to be too busy?.

Does the job really pays well?

Reaction score
What makes a field gud or bad really is your perception of what is a 'good job' consider asking yourself where you want to work after getting your qualifications, where will u go for internships, what do u want to achieve ultimately. Then select the career that really seems to suit u.

Generally speaking, if u r passionate about maths, you can do very well in computer science too.

Reaction score
Yeah exactly. If you would want to be a game programmer, honestly you would not learn everything in the university or some institutions. You should have your own interest and stay up-to-date with technology. For instance, Directx, OpenGL and Graphic cards constantly keep getting updated and the programmers should be accustomed to use the new feature in no time. You would have to either carry out or go on your own. Like badrobot said, Free lancing.

The same with software programmers, hackers. That's what I think.