• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer P12

Reaction score
CD skip question, I wrote that the microprocessor instructs the actuator to keep the CD spinning by moving the spindle appropriately without any disturbance unless the microprocessor instructs it do so otherwise, which means that any sudden movements would not alter the spin on the CD.

Reaction score
Okay, I marked Ozone and Tonic Particles as a safety issue, which is wrong. :(
Other than that, were there any other complicated questions? I don't remember. :confused:
Did your tables for the trace tables completely fill up?

i left that one, btw what did u give the answers to thin film technology? i was a bit confused on that

Reaction score
CD skip question, I wrote that the microprocessor instructs the actuator to keep the CD spinning by moving the spindle appropriately without any disturbance unless the microprocessor instructs it do so otherwise, which means that any sudden movements would not alter the spin on the CD.

on the first one i kinda wrote that there was a motor which kinda made it spin instructed by the microprocessor and the sensor detects the movement, and sends signal to microprossesor. do u think im right? -_-

Reaction score
I have doubts about the light question in which bytes were present with colours.!! discuss that too

Reaction score
Oh shut up! I flunked the paper i will end up getting 75, maximum 81 82... I guess i wont be able to get an A grade, until and unless project marks help me.

Reaction score
on the first one i kinda wrote that there was a motor which kinda made it spin instructed by the microprocessor and the sensor detects the movement, and sends signal to microprossesor. do u think im right? -_-

Well, these sort of questions have 4 main points:
- Sensors (probably motion sensors) catch the speed of the CD as input.
- Data passes through an ADC and enters the microprocessor.
- The microprocessor analyzes and examines the input data and decides on making a decision as output.
- If the microprocessor decides to change the speed of the CD, it sends out orders (as output) to the actuator controlling the motor, the digital data passes through a DAC before going to the actuator and the actuator then 'follows' the microprocessors orders.

Reaction score
What were the advantages and applications of thin film technology?
which box was to be ticked in the second question about operating system (memory stick or fixed hard disk)?
And yeah the logic gates one too, please tell me that as well.
Thanks.

Reaction score
the lights question: red always came after green so blue after green wasnt possible as in ques..

Reaction score
what if someone has created a correct logic circuit but has added an extra logic gate ?

Reaction score
Logic gate, hard algorithm and trace table.everything was in this paper. Whats wrong with u c.i.e ? U takin advantage of the minor amount of candidates who seemed to have an interest on the modern world? -.-

Reaction score
Logic gate, hard algorithm and trace table.everything was in this paper. Whats wrong with u c.i.e ? U takin advantage of the minor amount of candidates who seemed to have an interest on the modern world? -.-

I don't know about you but I consider these the 'free' marks of the paper. They're like the numericals in Chemistry and Physics, you're assured full marks if you nail them.

Reaction score
after that computer paper, i promised to myself to never ever take Computer studies in my further studies ~