• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Science: IBA VS FAST!

Vote:

• Total voters
Reaction score
I am a matric - fsc guy :) .. Honestly, did not prepare for the test. Perhaps it used to be m0re competitive and difficult back in 2006 but it was pretty straight forward last year. The physics portion should be piece of cake for those with o-a level background as fsc phy is usually very easy for u ppl ... Maths is no big deal either ... I dont kn0w ab0ut 2006 but there was no bombastic vocab last year. They have probably made it simpler n0w ... And if it helps , o-a level ppl score much m0re in NAT than the ones with fsc backgr0und .. its hardly a test so take it easy.. Besides, u can always give it another shot if u d0nt get a g0od score the first time. Har m0nth repeat hota hai .. :p And there are many prep bo0ks for NAT out there .. U should buy one just to get m0re familiar with the pattern and stuff...
:D thnks, is NAT a common test ? becuz i thought unis had tests of their own, like LUMS and NUST

Reaction score
I am a matric - fsc guy :) .. Honestly, did not prepare for the test. Perhaps it used to be m0re competitive and difficult back in 2006 but it was pretty straight forward last year. The physics portion should be piece of cake for those with o-a level background as fsc phy is usually very easy for u ppl ... Maths is no big deal either ... I dont kn0w ab0ut 2006 but there was no bombastic vocab last year. They have probably made it simpler n0w ... And if it helps , o-a level ppl score much m0re in NAT than the ones with fsc backgr0und .. its hardly a test so take it easy.. Besides, u can always give it another shot if u d0nt get a g0od score the first time. Har m0nth repeat hota hai .. :p And there are many prep bo0ks for NAT out there .. U should buy one just to get m0re familiar with the pattern and stuff...
oh wait now i get it.... i did a sample of the uni's own NU test, and i registered my self for it too,,,,the test is scheduled to be in the 1-6 july dates, does that mean i can no longer give NAT if i want too, since they'll be assuming i've given the test if they r to send us add decisions by 20th july, dont u think ?

A_K

Reaction score
oh wait now i get it.... i did a sample of the uni's own NU test, and i registered my self for it too,,,,the test is scheduled to be in the 1-6 july dates, does that mean i can no longer give NAT if i want too, since they'll be assuming i've given the test if they r to send us add decisions by 20th july, dont u think ?
Check the last date to submit the NTS NAT IE scores and then see if you could register for a NTS NAT, obtain and submit the result within the specified date. I dont think its g0nna happen though ... The right way to do it is to register yourself for NAT like a m0nth before the FAST application deadline ... The time limit to register for this m0nth's NAT must have exhausted so I am afraid u'll have to stick with their own test n0w.. Its n0 rocket science either.. Slightly tougher than NAT ..

A_K

Reaction score
:D thnks, is NAT a common test ? becuz i thought unis had tests of their own, like LUMS and NUST
Only some unis accept NAT scores for admission. Lums , Giki , Nust , Pieas , Uet etc do n0t accept the NTS as a substitute for their own test .. Fast didn't too until last year ...

Reaction score
Check the last date to submit the NTS NAT IE scores and then see if you could register for a NTS NAT, obtain and submit the result within the specified date. I dont think its g0nna happen though ... The right way to do it is to register yourself for NAT like a m0nth before the FAST application deadline ... The time limit to register for this m0nth's NAT must have exhausted so I am afraid u'll have to stick with their own test n0w.. Its n0 rocket science either.. Slightly tougher than NAT ..
:), maybe they have a relative way of scoring meaning how high the score gets, anyways the FAST test is diff for every candidate and i think it eliminates the possibility of relative scoring as well now,,,,*sigh i guess i'll have to trust my bare knowledge , Allah will do better In Shaa Allah :)

A_K

Reaction score
:), maybe they have a relative way of scoring meaning how high the score gets, anyways the FAST test is diff for every candidate and i think it eliminates the possibility of relative scoring as well now,,,,*sigh i guess i'll have to trust my bare knowledge , Allah will do better In Shaa Allah :)

I think its still gonna be relative ... at the end of the day every test has to be relative due to limited seats but those applying through NAT will certainly have an edge here n its kind of unfair too but dont worry .. u'll get through ... The good thing abt their test is 40% basic maths and IQ questions ... You just need to think right to solve those .. no stupid formulas :) and there is no physics either if you are applying for CS ...

Reaction score
I think its still gonna be relative ... at the end of the day every test has to be relative due to limited seats but those applying through NAT will certainly have an edge here n its kind of unfair too but dont worry .. u'll get through ... The good thing abt their test is 40% basic maths and IQ questions ... You just need to think right to solve those .. no stupid formulas :) and there is no physics either if you are applying for CS ...
:) thanx, hopes high

Reaction score
Well. IBA definitely has far more brand name than FAST. I don't know much about the CS program, but if you're considering factors such as reputation as well then IBA would definitely be the better option.

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the IBA interviews and group discussions? I mean how hard is it to get past the group discussion/interview stage?
Has anyone who cleared there test been denied admission in the interview and/or group discussion round?

A_K

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the IBA interviews and group discussions? I mean how hard is it to get past the group discussion/interview stage?
Has anyone who cleared there test been denied admission in the interview and/or group discussion round?

I made it to IBA last year :) In the group discussion, they'll throw a random topic. They gave us something like "Is higher education meant to merely get people jobs or does it also play a part in character and moral development ? " Every candidate will have to talk on it for like 2 minutes at first ... after that they will ask all the candidates to discuss it together ... Try to sound confident like u know what you are saying and when it comes to discussion in the group, try to speak up early ... Trust me it becomes a fish market so don't feel shy jumping in ... Then they will call u ppl for the interviews individually. I found that part easy, once u get going it gets comfortable .. just open up and have a normal conversation .. no need to brag or get overwhelmed .. Its just like routine chit chat ... They can give you a maths problem to solve though. I had to evaluate a probability :) ..... They don't usually drop people out at this stage but there is a cutoff which you are supposed to meet ... It looks scary but honestly it is no big deal ...

Reaction score
My friend got 115 in the entry test with 800 in matric and 457 in fsc part 1. He expects almost 900 in the final fsc result which we all are sure he will get ( in matric he had an operation just weeks before exams therefore had gotten less result ) do you think he will get admission in nust?? Reply plz

Reaction score
My friend got 115 in the entry test with 800 in matric and 457 in fsc part 1. He expects almost 900 in the final fsc result which we all are sure he will get ( in matric he had an operation just weeks before exams therefore had gotten less result ) do you think he will get admission in nust?? Reply plz

Hmm. Entry test score seems to be low... Keep ur fingers crossed and wait for the merit list. Then only things will get clear if he's going in or not!

Reaction score
FAST Karachi doesn't have good faculty, IBA's CS faculty is way better. IBA also has a way better crowd.