• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

computer studies olevels paper 3

Reaction score
any1 sitting dis paper??
plxx help meh...we hav no other source except a specimen paper n its mark scheme...
i dont even know wat contents to studu for it...........
H-E-L-P :cry:

Reaction score
Well why didn;t you make the Project ?? Now that u haven't this thing is similar to Project except the fact tht u have 1 hour 30 mins. instead of 6 months !! But don;t worry there's alwayz a way !!

Although I'm not sitting for this paper (i've already given the Project nd Paper 1), I can help you with the resources where you can study this stuff : http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/index.php?dir=Cambridge IGCSE/0420 - Computer Studies/

Go to this link nd u'll find sufficient resources to help you with this paper...If tht doesn;t help much tht you can ask anytime by posting u're queries here...

Regards, EVILPRO

Reaction score
what is th topic for this paper?
and what files her r v supposed to download?
my find also needs help.

Reaction score
someone told me that the theme for the case study is supermarkets so probably this should come in the paper
Automatic stock control system
POS terminals
information kiosks

The syllabus for paper 3 contains the following topics
Stages in the creation of a project
1.The methods used to identify how the existing system operates
2.Action plans
3.Hardware and software
4.Flowcharts and pseudocode
5.Test data for use with algorithms Candidates must be able to
– suggest additional test data for use with the supplied algorithm
– justify their reasons for choosing the test data and explain what output they would be looking for.
6.The various method to implement the new system
7.Testing Strategies
8. Documentations (technical and user)
9.Evaluation
10.Advantages and limitations of adopting the new computer based system
11. should know how to use and recognise standard pseudocode key words
@ drameybaaz no need to worry, the paper will be easy and 1 hr 30 min is a lot of time for this paper.

Reaction score
did cie handout any booklet or something? if yes then plz attache it here

Reaction score
I actually have a few notes. honestly speaking i dont think the paper will be diificult. Since the examiner him/herself has given the hint of the paper to be easy as this is the first time. Data analysis and Design is what one needs to study and its well explained in a book of Chirs Lewbater i thnk of Cambridge Olevels. I personlly find the flow diagrams difficult :unknown:

Reaction score
Jazakallah....
btw da specimen paper has an error...a Questions says "draw a systems flowchart" n da answer includes logics in it...!!! a systems flowchart does not hav logics like "if""then" ....
H-e-L-p-P....

Reaction score
study from these two booklets

Attachments

• 0420-NOS_AS_3.pdf
    232.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 0420-NOS_AS_2.pdf
    127.7 KB · Views: 97
Reaction score
are there any notes apart from the booklets on how to create a systems flowchart ?? :unknown:

Reaction score
jxt g8 ready with system anaylsis chp pr0perly...h0pefully it w0uld hlp :)

Reaction score
Cram system analysis and just relate every thing to the scenario...get hold of some good notes ..for the flow chart pray to God